Controling Griefer accounts..

hotdawg101

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know this has been talked about before more than likely but as an idea.

Force alternate  nonpayment verified accounts access to PG SIM's only.  To go to the Mature rated and up  they must make a paid account and can than link their alts thru that account to venture into the Mature grid. . Might help with limiting greifer activity etc.  Would also breathe some life perhaps into PG rated landsas amore starter area to get a feel for the grid.

Just a thought  

If the idea is to make A and M land premium only - SL would die overnight. I think this would be the one move LLs could make that would literally manage to kill the grid in a near instant.

But if the idea was to make A and M limited to PIOF people, SL would just shrink by half or so overnight. Still a disaster, but not instant death.

umm! why you picking on people who only want to live on G rated land and only ever want a G inworld experience

if gunna do that then might as well exclusive send all the non-PIOF to A land. or M even

+

or can like just kill the greifers whenever they pop up. like no mercy

just say on greifers

in the olden days when there was a actual recognised G-Team then they murdered the Nigras and Hats and Limeys and pretty much every other wannabee greifer

can ask those greifers what happened to them in those days. even the leader of the nigras gave up. no matter how clever he got the G-team were onto him. in the end he say he couldnt even last longer inworld more than 2 minutes on his random alts. so he gave up those ways

he got an account inworld. and linden leave him alone now. so long as he stay on his little parcel and not bother anyone else

but he knows. if he move the wrong way then he going to get murdered again. same all them other old greifers from them days who still inworld the same way on new startover accounts

+

G-team was the best way to deal with greifers. people who end up on G-teams. not just in SL. but all kinds of other sites/worlds are pretty good at their jobs. when they allowed to do it. is lots of protocols they have to go by. but when you got the right people then is death for them who think they can get away with greifing

the thing is that G-team people dont take it personally. not like greifers who into ego. G-team just waste you and then go have their lunch. is not a game of highscore for them. they just deleting database records

just add here

if chat to a experienced G-team person in any other world. then they will say dont have to track the alt accounts. you just have to track/watch the assets

for a greifer to crash sims and stuff like that then they need access to assets. which they stow somewhere. in a box inworld or in another account inventory

if a tracked/watched asset is obtained by any account then put the account on the chitlist. use it and the account is gone

seems like magic when that happens to greifers. they end up rub their sore heads trying to work out how come the G-Team break their voodoo skillz so easy (:

Kid, get used to it: There are NO "alternate accounts", period. The term does not exist in the TOS. You are allowed a fixed number of accounts per household, there is NO RESTRICTION as to who in that household may operate those accounts.

And anyway, who'd determine which of your accounts was your "main"? LL, based on activity or account age? You? Someone who thinks it "kewl" to grief you by clicking another of your accounts they know about as "main" every day, locking the one you wanted to use out from the areas you were planning to go to?

• 11 months later...

Griefers in charge?  Nothing seems to be done about them.  Was just pushed out of my home into space by one.  Had to get the owner of the land to ban him.  

I think Linden should go back to paid accounts.    It is the free account that makes griefers possible.   I am making money on SL building ans selling and could pay for two accounts am paying for one.  My husband and I have an account. He programs and I do the textures.  We take it into pay pal, not a lot but a little extra to keep the checking accounts from going negative. Hate to see second life go away.

If this keeps up the griefers will be in charge.  Has SL long to live?  It never did what they hoped, be a alternitive for the internet, for businesss and schools,  It is a great idea to have college credit classes in SL but they cannot do it with all the trouble they have and the "super" hard ware and internet connection you need.

Just wonder what others think!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.