Contest Kudos I want to know where mine went

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argus Collingwood wrote:

I kudoed a photo and now it is gone.. I want at the very least, my kudo back. I'm waiting.....

Probably went with the photo...I'll give you one of mine, I have a few to spare....:matte-motes-sunglasses-1:

Argus Collingwood wrote:

I will certainly not be entering any more of these since there appears to be a lot of strange stuff happening. We would like some transparency please.

Silly question...I know that you can only Kudos once per contest, but do you only get one for the entire day?

Also, is it possible that the contest ended? That would explain why the photo is no longer there.

Tex Monday wrote:

Argus Collingwood wrote:

I will certainly not be entering any more of these since there appears to be a lot of strange stuff happening. We would like some transparency please.

Silly question...I know that you can only Kudos once per contest, but do you only get one for the entire day?

Also, is it possible that the contest ended? That would explain why the photo is no longer there.

No. It was pullled out before the end. LL has no explaination for this. it just sucks.

Your saying the top three pictures had been removed made me wonder if perhaps they were going to be announced as finalists and there would be a second round of voting or something (and whoever was responsible did a really horrible job of informing the contestants) but I just went and looked and it appears they've declared a winner.

It is a cute pic and good for Loki, but that means I was just whistling Dixie. It does not make any sense at all that pictures were removed without at LEAST an explanation to the contestants and from what I've read here and elsewhere I gather at least two of you got no such explanation.

For the record, I never looked at all the pictures and I don't have a voting interest but a picture I thought showed a whole lot of creativity got no votes at all. It's on Page 3 and is called 'The Conjuring'.

Edited to include the correct name of the picture.

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

I don't think the contests are based on quality, but rather on popularity. My assumption was that the top contenders were removed for accusations of alt voting, how they could prove that I have no idea.

A little speculative thinking, is there no way to track alts via IP?. I am aware of the old "red zone" fiasco and a guy I know claims to have a way to track alts that has nothing to do with a viewer. Surely the forums could track alts with just a little effort?

Also the prize money, while a lot inworld, is hardly spectacular in RL terms, I spend more a week on my hair. If people are indeed 'cheating' to win with things like proxy servers then those people are quite pathetic, but I hope not.

(both my entry and the vote it got are still there)

ETA BTW lovely picture CiaoBella

Leia36 wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

I don't think the contests are based on quality, but rather on popularity. My assumption was that the top contenders were removed for accusations of alt voting, how they could prove that I have no idea.

A little speculative thinking, is there no way to track alts via IP?. I am aware of the old "red zone" fiasco and a guy I know claims to have a way to track alts that has nothing to do with a viewer. Surely the forums could track alts with just a little effort?

Also the prize money, while a lot inworld, is hardly spectacular in RL terms, I spend more a week on my hair. If people are indeed 'cheating' to win with things like proxy servers then those people are quite pathetic, but I hope not.

Leia36 wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

I don't think the problem was alts voting as I do not think that was even mentioned in the rules. It had to be something else that was indeed in the rules.. whatever they were. Could the rules please stay posted, is that too much trouble or does someone need Lithium Training? Seriously this is not about money this is about accountability.

I do not see any type of support ticket where this issue could fit in.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Types_of_Support_Case

Since we don't seem to have a community manager as we did by the past when Lexie Linden was around, you may try to PM whoever is behind this profile:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/401201

Phil Deakins wrote:

I can't claim to know what contest you are all talking about, because I've no idea, but, judging by the posts in this thread, I have to say that, since it's an LL run thing, you can't really expect it to be run sensibly, fairly, or in any way with any consideration to users/customers.

I agree Phil, it seems to have been directed with mushroom management in mind, IMO its unacceptable that decisions were made without any explanation from whoever is in charge. While I enjoy my experience inworld and here on the forums and find the forums a useful place, if you forget the basics of communication, threads with issues like this one are bound to occur. Simple stuff really.

This certainly leaves a sour taste in the mouth. The picture I voted for was also mysteriously removed, without explanation.

When people make the effort to contribute here they should be treated with some respect.

Someone from SL judged the contest and it wouldn’t have taken much effort to send out a generic email to those whose photos had been removed with some sort of explanation.

I hope this is just poor customer service from LL.

Bella, with the LL track record on all things past I am not surprised at this. I don't expect an answer on it also, as that would suggest interest by LL. I also can't see LL taking any real notice of what was going on with the contest unless for some reason "AR" were flying about to attract LL's attention.

Am I a bit bitter; well yes they (LL) can waste time, resources and man power on pet 2D apps for iPhones and Andriods, but a resident still can't move across a sim boundary without fearing some weird result?

As said I am just not surprised at anything that happens.

They should at the very least be told why their photos were removed. The three that I remember that were winning had many votes. In the Summer Fun contest a photo was removed because it was reported as being photoshopped, but the submitter of the photo was able to appeal that decision and had their photo reinstated.

Charo I have lost faith with LL. You start a contest by a set of rules and you don't change it, period. If anyone is disqualified it is only common sense that they are told why. LL spends more time on forums other than their own and making announcements to everyone but their clients.

Pissed about  it....well yeah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.