Chat with us masters Lindens

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dear Lindens, my avatar is Teagah Beck and I am a member of a support group for Second Life on Facebook. We represent around ten thousand Brazilian avatars. With me another avatar, Victtorya Rossini, group's administrator.

We are delighted with the news, and reading the information in English, about the new Second Life, Second Life New Generation, we understand that: what will happen is for the good and none of us will lose anything or be abandoned in so old and outdated grid.

So we have some questions and we would like you to have the courtesy to reply.

Earlier it was said that there will be two incompatible worlds and the new one will start from ZERO. Well friends, the word, zero, frightened us. I confess.

1 - Mr. Ebbe Altberg has enlightened us that we can keep our identities in both worlds. And we will have our list of friends, too.

2 - Mr. Peter Gray spoke of calm, it's early and that: 'This does not mean you can not take some parts of your second life with you'. And the Lindens have another priority at the moment.

Perfect, who has an inventory of 100 thousand items and took a third of real life time, to be builder Inworld, will be encouraged to migrate? How?

We want to migrate and enjoy the novelty. But for many of us will be a fateful decision unless we can somehow bring our experiences, our possessions, finally, our dreams to this seductive invitation.

Our scripters are asking us information about the language that will use in the new grid. Can enlighten us about that too? If you already have something published on the subject, can you show us the way? a link? Please.

Last question for now, we will have free accounts?

We understand that our doubts until now may have been answered at some point but please, can you repeat that?

Tell us again how this wonderful new world with the spirit of Second Life will be for our good too. Of course we have a million of questions and we will seek answers at the right time.

Finally we want to thank everyone in Linden Lab for their efforts and say that the Second Life, on those long 11 years, affected us, changed us and enhanced us.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Second Life Brasil on Facebook

Doubt you get an official response on that, more likely on other forums than this SL official  :matte-motes-angry:

For most of your questions it´s too early anyway. The first beta is planned for somewhere in 2015.

Migrate stuff even if it´s possible could be a bad idea because they sure offer new ways to create things and better.

Don´t forget that alot of people i know won´t jump on the new boat because they cannot afford the new Hardware needed.

Monti

• Lindens

Teagah Beck wrote:

Dear Lindens, my avatar is Teagah Beck and I am a member of a support group for Second Life on Facebook. We represent around ten thousand Brazilian avatars. With me another avatar, Victtorya Rossini, group's administrator.

We are delighted with the news, and reading the information in English, about the new Second Life, Second Life New Generation, we understand that: what will happen is for the good and none of us will lose anything or be abandoned in so old and outdated grid.

So we have some questions and we would like you to have the courtesy to reply.

Earlier it was said that there will be two incompatible worlds and the new one will start from ZERO. Well friends, the word, zero, frightened us. I confess.

1 - Mr. Ebbe Altberg has enlightened us that we can keep our identities in both worlds. And we will have our list of friends, too.

2 - Mr. Peter Gray spoke of calm, it's early and that: 'This does not mean you can not take some parts of your second life with you'. And the Lindens have another priority at the moment.

Perfect, who has an inventory of 100 thousand items and took a third of real life time, to be builder Inworld, will be encouraged to migrate? How?

We want to migrate and enjoy the novelty. But for many of us will be a fateful decision unless we can somehow bring our experiences, our possessions, finally, our dreams to this seductive invitation.

Our scripters are asking us information about the language that will use in the new grid. Can enlighten us about that too? If you already have something published on the subject, can you show us the way? a link? Please.

Last question for now, we will have free accounts?

We understand that our doubts until now may have been answered at some point but please, can you repeat that?

Tell us again how this wonderful new world with the spirit of Second Life will be for our good too. Of course we have a million of questions and we will seek answers at the right time.

Finally we want to thank everyone in Linden Lab for their efforts and say that the Second Life, on those long 11 years, affected us, changed us and enhanced us.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Second Life Brasil on Facebook

Hi, first let me reiterate that SL is not going away and that we have a dedicated team that will continue to make SL better. 

As this new world takes shape we want to make it easy for SL users to come in and explore and help us shape it's future. We're aiming to let people start playing with it sometime next year. For a long time you can choose where to spend your time and energy. We have no plans to shut SL down or force people to migrate. Only time will tell what will ultimately be best for users and our business.

We have said that we don't want to constrain ourselves with the requirement of full content backwards compatibility, as that may make it impossible to make the advances in quality and experience and thus make it less competitive in the long run. More information will come with time, but if you work with mesh your experience and content will be useful for sure. Scripting will change as we'll introduce a modern language (possibly c#, but not decided). 

Yes, we are thinking that there will be free accounts but that's a while out as Beta next year may not be completely open. 

This new world will allow us to improve graphics, performance, quality and empower creators to create richer and more powerful experiences that are not possible today. We'll also do the work to support phones and tablets in addition to PC and VR hardware. 

We will all have plenty of time to see how this will work out. 

Thank you for serving residents from Brazil. It's a great market for us.  

We are very grateful for your kind answer. Let's wait and hope that everything works out for all of us.
I'll take the news to the group and we will be attentive to future information.

See you there, thank you again.

Best regards.

:matte-motes-nerdy:

HI,

Thank You for reply us, 

In Brazil, the new technologies are very expensive alternative and hope for all economy class have access to the new Second Life 2. Through the TPV that Brazilian financial conditions with less money could continue because they did viewers able to work on simpler computers , this is our fear when you speak in closed source to TPV:matte-motes-stress:

Ebbe Linden wrote:

Hi, first let me reiterate that SL is not going away and that we have a dedicated team that will continue to make SL better. 

As this new world takes shape we want to make it easy for SL users to come in and explore and help us shape it's future. We're aiming to let people start playing with it sometime next year. For a long time you can choose where to spend your time and energy. We have no plans to shut SL down or force people to migrate. Only time will tell what will ultimately be best for users and our business.

We have said that we don't want to constrain ourselves with the requirement of full content backwards compatibility, as that may make it impossible to make the advances in quality and experience and thus make it less competitive in the long run. More information will come with time, but if you work with mesh your experience and content will be useful for sure. Scripting will change as we'll introduce a modern language (possibly c#, but not decided). 

Yes, we are thinking that there will be free accounts but that's a while out as Beta next year may not be completely open. 

This new world will allow us to improve graphics, performance, quality and empower creators to create richer and more powerful experiences that are not possible today. We'll also do the work to support phones and tablets in addition to PC and VR hardware. 

We will all have plenty of time to see how this will work out. 

Thank you for serving residents from Brazil. It's a great market for us.  

Thank you Peter.

Father "You need to work on the its and it's though" Jim

• 7 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.