Cant see Mesh ON OTHER PEOPLE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well Im on singularity have 7870 video card i7 3.0 quad proces with 8gb of ram. I dont understand why I can see it on myself but not other people. I can see building find as well. When I tp ears would be gone and hair most of the time. Its starting to get annoying cause Ill be with friends. All I will see is invisble top and bottoms. :( Everything is update as well.

Most of it should eventually appear, but if it takes too long, perhaps there are network issues; try first checking that your viewer's maximum bandwidth is set to a reasonable amount (around 1500 kbps). Of course, it'll always take longer at very laggy sims, and if you're connecting over wi-fi, that won't help either.

Things that disappear when you TP, though, are a different issue, but fortunately, one that can be very quickly fixed: just press Ctrl+Shift+R to go into wireframe view, then do it again to go back to normal view... that should make those items reappear. You'll probably have to do it every time you TP to a place and see things you were wearing disappear, but at least it's a quick fix.

Most likely it is your viewer.  You might want to test on the official viewer or another TPV.   The problem with TPV viewers is not all of them support the latest video cards.  My 2011 sim was one of the first 100 sims that was on beta mesh in SL, but this was most the common problem at the time.  LL supposedly addressed this issue, but I do see it still occuring with the TPV viewers. 

Your bandwidth setting is to high for SL.  Typically, you want to remain at the default setting. Default is around 500 kpbs.    I have a 50 Mb/sec connection, but I keep mine at 750 kbps. My cache size is 2048 MB, which is fine for me.   I am  not sure you want a large cache. 

I created this Mesh Performance Tips for my group in the past, but I post it in this message.  

Q. I sometimes don't see mesh clearly from far away, or areas with lots of mesh won't fully load for me.

A. There are several ways to address this:

First, try increasing your "Objects & Sculpts LOD" (under Preferences > Graphics) to the maximum setting.

Next, if you want to see mesh items at their best from even further away, you can change a setting in the Debug menu as follows:

1. Open Advanced menu by going to Preferences > Advanced > check the "Show Advanced Menu" box

2. Go to Advanced > Debug Settings

3. In the Debug Settings window, choose "RenderVolumeLODFactor" from the drop down menu.

4. Change the value from the current number to 4.

If you consistantly have problems seeing mesh objects, you may want to consider raising the number of mesh objects you can view at once by changing a setting in the Debug menu. Warning: this may cause performance or frame rate issues depending on your system, so be prepared to lower the value if necessary.

1. Open Advanced menu by going to Preferences > Advanced > check the "Show Advanced Menu" box
2. Go to Advanced > Debug Settings
3. In the Debug Settings window, choose "MeshMaxConcurrentRequests" from the drop down menu.
4. Change the value from the current number to 100.
You should now instantly be able to see any missing mesh items. This setting persists through logins but may reset when you install an update to your viewer.

Visibilty errors

Q. Part of the mesh product is invisible!

A. This is generally due to a cache issue. If right-clicking the area where the mesh should be doesn't force it into view, just clear your cache and relog (cache clearing is under your Preferences). This will fix almost any mesh (or graphics in general) visibility issue.

Q. Instead of seeing mesh, all I see is a yellow triangle!

A. This is a cache corruption issue. First, try clearing your cache (under Preferences > Graphics) and then relog. If the problem persists, you may need to try a clean uninstall/reinstall of your SL client - this involves not only uninstalling the program via your Control Panel, but also deleting any existing program folders left over by the uninstall process before you install a fresh copy of the program.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.