Can't search for adult places? Please help...

IOASam

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello :)

I have enaed general, moderate and adult in my "general" tab in preferences, but I'm still not allowed to search for adult places.

On the search window the adult box is greyed out, so I can't tick if. When I hover over it tells me I can't search for adult places due to my maturity settings. I've tried clearing the cache and restarting second life several times, to no avail.

Somebody please help :(

Thank you for the suggestion, but I already knew this. In my original post I said that it won't let me select adult in the search window as it's greyed out. When I hover over it says I can't select adult places due to my maturity settings, even though I've already selected general, moderate and adult in my general preferences.

Did you save your settings when you left preferences?

Does it still say G,M and A in there??

also if this is a new account  you may have to buy something for it to go into action..see if grabbing a demo from a store works..

most times those are free or maybe 1 linden.

Sometimes it takes an exchange from or to the account to kick things into gear..

i have the same problem as op

and i have already tried all of this

this problem seems to be error at synchronizing the birthdate between something and other thing inside sl servers (figured that from a previous post in this forum)

filing a ticket should fix that

watmes wrote:

i have the same problem as op

and i have already tried all of this

this problem seems to be error at synchronizing the birthdate between something and other thing inside sl servers (figured that from a previous post in this forum)

filing a ticket should fix that

it may be the same problem and then again, it may not be the same problem..

it can happen from more than one reason.

That's why i ask questions of the OP and give information from what has happened  many times before..

Yes it is a new account (few days old) and I haven't "bought" anything yet, but I have taken a few freebies from the freebies store. The settings are saved in preferences but still no luck on the search window. I have contacted support and raised this with them, so hopefully they can fix it :(

IOASam wrote:

Yes it is a new account (few days old) and I haven't "bought" anything yet, but I have taken a few freebies from the freebies store. The settings are saved in preferences but still no luck on the search window. I have contacted support and raised this with them, so hopefully they can fix it
:(

Getting freebie in world is the same as buying something..It's an exchange made.

Can try one more thing to see if it helps until they see to your ticket..

Try to get a freebie from the marketplace or demo..

It may not work but could be worth a try..

I remember a few years ago it would trigger accounts..

If it works,awesome,if it doesn't then nothing lost  really

It being the weekend they may not get to your ticket until monday or so..

They are usually off on weekends..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.