Can't open Notecards in messages I receive at Login

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I log in I have messages that contain notecards. When I click on the Notecard it doesn't open. Why?

I'm using SL Viewer 2.

I can't find any settings to make it do this. Are there settings for this? I saw a reply referring to setting in Firestorm.

I read a reply from March 2014 that suggested going to the group and opening the notecard notice there.

That answer is unacceptable. I should be able to open it from the message.

Please let me know what I can do to resolve this problem. It's been going on for a LONG time.

Isobel Insoo

Isobel Insoo wrote:

When I log in I have messages that contain notecards. When I click on the Notecard it doesn't open. Why?

I'm using SL Viewer 2.

I can't find any settings to make it do this. Are there settings for this? I saw a reply referring to setting in Firestorm.

I read a reply from March 2014 that suggested going to the group and opening the notecard notice there.

That answer is unacceptable.
I should be able to open it from the message.

Please let me know what I can do to resolve this problem. It's been going on for a LONG time.

Isobel Insoo

You can only open attachments directly from the message a comparatively short time after it arrives when you log in. Since the 2/3 series viewers don't make a big deal of arriving messages you may not have noticed they were there until hours later. The same limited time to open an attachment from a  notice thing happened with Viewer 1 type viewers but the messages were much more obvious so people opened them sooner.

i have always had this problem since forever. like others say you have to open them quick soon as. But sometimes I have 100s of them when I log so takes ages to open/read all. Days even sometimes

+

can make a suggestion for people who do make group posts

put a link to the notecard, landmark, pic, object, etc in the post itself. That always works. It dont matter how many hours/days/weeks has been sitting in my list. Basically bc I get heaps then if a post attachment ages out then I just delete the whole thing without read the post at all

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.