Can't Get Sterio Mix To Work

LeninFace

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hehehehee.

Stereo Mix as a Recording Input Device was disabled out-of-the-box on Windows 7 due to Microsoft's interest in selling and advertising music, and its continuing role in attempting police and limit the computer functionality to match its marketing strategy. Also the predilections of users wanting to record audio from Youtube instead.

You should use search tools to resolve this problem - the People forum is entirely unrelated to your question and really, it has nothing to do with Second Life.

• 8 months later...

I had this issue with every client, my stereo mix worked just fine on other programs and not second life. WELL I fixed the issue and guess what I did?

Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Sound

go to the recording tab, right click your Stereo Mix and go to properties, rename the device from Stereo Mix to something like Microphone 2. Restart the second life voice process and IT WORKS! Obvious someone is trying to block the stereo mix device and did it by name

Jeston wrote:

I had this issue with every client, my stereo mix worked just fine on other programs and not second life. WELL I fixed the issue and guess what I did?

Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Sound

go to the recording tab, right click your Stereo Mix and go to properties, rename the device from Stereo Mix to something like Microphone 2. Restart the second life voice process and IT WORKS! Obvious someone is trying to block the stereo mix device and did it by name

This wouldn't apply to the OP; he has a problem with Sterio Mix, so he must have renamed it already.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.