Camping on Secondlife?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Traffic gaming (i.e. paying for traffic) is indeed against the rules. Camping products are still allowed though. People who rez them in locations that aren't listed in search don't violate the ToS. Of course everyone knows that most buyers will rez them in commercial locations, but you can't outlaw glue because kids sniff it to get high I guess. 

I've read the Terms of Service several times and the Community Standards, neither forbids Camping.

I found an archived clarification on Camping by Jack Linden, and a related Bot policy.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Land-and-Sea-General/Further-Clarification-on-Bots-and-Camping/ba-p/643765

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Inworld_policy_on_bots

It depends on the motive (and the result) of the Resident who creates the camping area.

The rules have many layers, if the camping spot disturbs the peace or is an unfair use of system resources, an AR might be filed by a Resident who shares the Region.

If a private Region owner wants to set up a camping site, and the owner doesn't own a store or Advertise in classified and doesn't show land in search; that owner is not gaming traffic.

• 2 years later...

Yeah I think in some sims their is camping for the new comets when I first joined SL it was in serch and camping places was easy to find but iv not seen camping in last coupe, of years really as I. buy into SL I never look for them really and immoften asked by newbies how do you get Ls I tell them only way I know of is buy in And Ls aren't that expensive really

Carl Thibodeaux wrote:

So does that mean the chairs that give money when you sit on them for so long.. like $1 per 10mins are against rules?

The definitive answer to your question is no. Camping is perfectly legal, and so it should be. It's still around but nothng like as much as it used to be. It's because it used to be beneficial to the land owners, but now it's not - not unless the land owners are breaking the rules, that is.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.