Buying in Viewer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can buy things fine on the Marketplace on the web but whenever I try to buy in the viewer I get a message to the effect of " your account is not set up to buy, please use the Marketplace" or something like that.

So, I cant find any information about setting things up. Or is SL moving totally to Marketplace?

Thanks.

I am confused.  What do you mean by 'buy in the viewer' ?  If you mean buy using the built in web viewer, then just use the website.  If you mean buy things in shops in world, I have no idea why you get that message and in fact have never heard of it in the eight years I've been  here.  As long as you have Lindens in your account you can buy things.  So please provide more details of what you mean. 

Cradom Denimore wrote:

me to go to Marketplace in my browser.

Now you use the word "browser," instead of "viewer."  There may be others experiencing what you are you, and need help, but they won't get it because even when asked you become increasingly vague about what is happening.  When you ask people for help, at the very least you should read their answers and respond with the information they ask for.  

Ok, lets try this again.

I can buy things on the web (in Firefox) fine when logged in (to SL in Firefox).

When trying to buy in world (viewer) it would get so far but then pop up an error saying the viewer was not set up for buying things and to try the Marketplace in my browser.

However, when trying to buy this time and get a screen shot, it worked (in the viewer) so I cant show the error here.

So, maybe it was some random thing with the viewer (latest version, Mac, the SL version by the way).

If it should happen again, I will try and get a screen shot and post back here. I just was trying to find out if there was something I needed to set in preferences to buy in world and couldn't find it. I guess not because last time I tried it, it worked.

Hopefully this is a little clearer? Thanks for your time and help. (and no, I'm not being sarcastic, I understand about trying to understand things in a forum.)

A few questions, when you buy from Marketplace are you paying with currency or Lindens? BTW, if you're paying with paypal or a credit card instead of Lindens. buy the Lindens, it costs less. Now. Inworld, do you have Lindens? If you don't and on the dashboard, you don't have a method set up to purchase lindens inworld, you'll get that error. You have to pay with Lindens inworld. On your dashboard, you have to have chosen a payment method to purchase lindens inworld. Personally, I don't but I always buy my Lindens through my Dashboard so it doesn't matter.

In world and in Firefox I'm paying with Lindens. I always use Lindens and buy when needed. I don't pay with currency in SL except to buy Lindens.

It's possible I might have misread my Lindens and tried to buy something I didn't have enough for. I'm assuming that would bring up that error?

• 1 year later...

I know what your saying, it's not hard to figure out what your saying and I haven't been here 8 years. when you get that message, click on the link to go to website, then go to "your account" on the far left. then at the bottom of the list select "billing information". The screen it gives you shows your cc info, on the right side of the screen it says "Used for" and right below that hit the "change" link. this will give you check boxes to allow L purchaces in the viewer without going to the web page. I hope this helps. You are allowing viewer top ups of L$

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.