Blank Web Profile ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you click on an avatar's profile, and click the "Web" tab, but nothing shows up on the web page, what does that mean?  Is the account closed?  Is there a setting or preference somewhere that causes the "Web" page profile to be unavailable?   (I can see the regular profile window nformation, but the web version profile is blank)

Jasira

Jasira Mynx wrote:

If you click on an avatar's profile, and click the "Web" tab, but nothing shows up on the web page, what does that mean?  Is the account closed?  Is there a setting or preference somewhere that causes the "Web" page profile to be unavailable?   (I can see the regular profile window nformation, but the web version profile is blank)

Jasira

If it says under the name "This name is not available" it means the account is closed (by the user or LL) or suspended  by LL.

There is to my knowledge no documentation in the Wiki about this but to the best of my knowledge this is what has been figured out.

Perrie Juran wrote:

If it says under the name "
This name is not available
" it means the account is closed (by the user or LL) or suspended  by LL.

There is to my knowledge no documentation in the Wiki about this but to the best of my knowledge this is what has been figured out.

I have a friend who is still active inworld but his online profile page has that message.

Summer Tison wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

If it says under the name "
This name is not available
" it means the account is closed (by the user or LL) or suspended  by LL.

I have a friend who is still active inworld but his online profile page has that message.

back to square one then  :(

jwenting wrote:

you can block a lot of stuff from showing on the web profiles, but not sure how that affects display of that information using the in-viewer browser.

Maybe one of our Forum Historians can pull up some of the original threads from when Web Profiles went live and every one was testing them.

I just finished checking something myself.

I have four accounts in my friends list that I am fairly confident are cancelled.

As I recall, one of the results from back when everyone was testing was this:

On a cancelled (whether by choice or by ban) account you would still be ablle to view the persons groups in their 'legacy profile.'  However, if you were a member of the same group and checked the members list in that group, their name would not appear there.  (Hiding a group in your profile does not hide your name in the Group itself).

Looking again at these four accounts what I see is this.  I can view their Legacy profile but their Web Profile is blank.  The one oddity though is this.  Three of the Web Profiles read "name not available."  One still lists the name.  That one thing is a puzzle to me.  None of them to my knowledge engaged in any Bannable activities.

ETA, outside of this, while I do not know what every friends personal settings are, there isn't a single person I know who I can not view their full legacy profile In World.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.