Beware of others spoofing your SL account in messages to Lindens.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

One of my alt accounts is a BOT.  She was suspended for 4 days for "Abuse of Support Staff".  "Additionally, if you persist in using an abusive tone, you may be subject to inworld disciplinary action."

This BOT has never submitted a trouble ticket, has not spoken to ANYONE for over a year. She is unable to respond to chat or IMs.  She does create IMs but they only go to me (the holding account).

How can this happen?

AnnMarie,

The Linden Lab Support Staff knows the difference between IMs and Messages received from an Object Named Users-BOT and an actual avatar-BOT.  I would first change all your BOT account passwords.

Did the email include any actual textual detail of the messages?

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

One of my alt accounts is a BOT.  She was suspended for 4 days for "Abuse of Support Staff".  "Additionally, if you persist in using an abusive tone, you may be subject to inworld disciplinary action."

This BOT has never submitted a trouble ticket, has not spoken to ANYONE for over a year. She is unable to respond to chat or IMs.  She does create IMs but they only go to me (the holding account).

How can this happen?

Perhaps it was driving one of your vehicles and ran over a Moderator who was out jogging along a Linden Road.

Pie Serendipity wrote:

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

Perhaps it was driving one of your vehicles and ran over a Moderator who was out jogging along a Linden Road.

I noticed that Ann's vehicles are very polite when they collide with a person. The vehicle will say "I'm sorry".

But nevertheless it still continues pushing and pushing.

It could well be that the jogging moderator got pi**ed off in spite of the "I'm sorrys"? :smileylol: :smileytongue:

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

One of my alt accounts is a BOT.  She was suspended for 4 days for "Abuse of Support Staff".  "Additionally, if you persist in using an abusive tone, you may be
subject to inworld disciplinary action
."

Given that the Cornfield is no longer operational in its original purpose, what on earth does this mean? I'm picturing a Linden coming to your home, dressed in thigh-high leather boots, armed with a Cat o Nine-Tails, to chain you to a post and give you a good flogging. :matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

For those unaware, Annmarie is currrently engaged in the practice of rezzing self-replicating vehicle distributors on LL owned rez zones. These objects use tricks to get around the auto-return time on those rez zones.  This is in violation of the community standards and the more likely reason her bot got banned.

Darien Caldwell wrote:

For those unaware, Annmarie is currrently engaged in the practice of rezzing self-replicating vehicle distributors on LL owned rez zones. These objects use tricks to get around the auto-return time on those rez zones.  This is in violation of the community standards and the more likely reason her bot got banned.

ya i seen that on the SLU thread..

well now the mystery is solved at least..

hehehehe

Candii9 wrote:

Oh my God, is this how sad this game is, that people actually fret over cartoon cars in a cartoon world? 

Yep... about as sad as someone who has such an attitude of entitlement that they call a person rude for simply not giving them what they wanted, immediately, for free.

...Dres

Marie Reynaud wrote:

No, people actually fret over the abuse and misuse of sim resources and the degrading of their ability to use SL.

Ability to use SL? You are obviously in the wrong sims, there are sims where you can stand around and do nothing and get over 100 fps, and people are paying for it!

Candii9 wrote:

Marie Reynaud wrote:

No, people actually fret over the abuse and misuse of sim resources and the degrading of their ability to use SL.

Ability to use SL? You are obviously in the wrong sims, there are sims where you can stand around and do nothing and get over 100 fps, and people are paying for it!

those are usually private sims not mainland..

if someone were to do what is happening on mainland roads and trails  on someones private island.. they would be banned for griefing..

I finally got a response from Lindens, it turns out someone clicked the wrong "crime", it was meant to be object encroachment, not abusing a Linden :).  Encroachment happens with my vehicles.  The silly part about it is their own regulations prevent them from telling you where the offense took place so there is NOTHING you can do to correct it.

In RL the idea of punishment is to alleviate crime.  In a dictatorship you just punish with no feedback to improve the quality of life and reduce crime.  So I have no doubt the encroachment will repeat itself and I'll get suspended again but never know where it happened and how to fix it.

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

In RL the idea of punishment is to alleviate crime.  In a dictatorship you just punish with no feedback to improve the quality of life and reduce crime.  So I have no doubt the encroachment will repeat itself and I'll get suspended again but never know where it happened and how to fix it.

All hail the benevolent dictator banning you for your vehicles permanently .. :robotindifferent:

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

I finally got a response from Lindens, it turns out someone clicked the wrong "crime", it was meant to be object encroachment, not abusing a Linden
:)
.  Encroachment happens with my vehicles.  The silly part about it is their own regulations prevent them from telling you where the offense took place so there is NOTHING you can do to correct it.

You mean that you don't know what your Alt has been doing?

That seems kind of odd to me.

Perrie Juran wrote:

You mean that you don't know what your Alt has been doing?

That seems kind of odd to me.

Oh yes, but the problem was which function was she doing?

She visits all the roadside gas stations to update vehicle models,

She has ALL the vehicles on the roads in her name for 2 reasons,

First there are thousands of navigating reports that come in from the vehicles that would render my chat useless so by going to the bot's they are available if needed but not swamping my account.

Second, when she gets suspended because someone AR'd a vehicle on their land, my main account stays active.

And finally all the bus stop rez signs are in her name since she places them.

The Lindens will not tell you (Their rules prevent it) what encroachment object or what encroachment location so you never know any details that can be corrected, just Go to jail, go directly to jail, do not pass GO, do not collect $200.

Why does one of your vehicles have a URL on it that leads to a for-profit website?

Why are there so many of the vehicles?

Why are they there?

Why hasn't their appearance changed since SL early days?

Why hasn't your avatar been charged with vehicular homicide?

Why does the dryer only eat one sock at a time?

Why does one of your vehicles have a URL on it that leads to a for-profit website?

HUH?  I'm not aware of any URLs but I have a bunch of vehicles so I may have missed something.  Do you remember which vehicle?  Where was it on the vehicle?

Why are there so many of the vehicles?

I'm trying to provide good service with a vehicle about once every 10 minutes on average at any one road location.

Why are they there?

Many reasons.  They provide life and realism to the empty roads, they provide tourism and entertainment, they satisfy my addiction to scripting, they provide an excellent subject for forums, they earn me about L$1,000 a week, they provide targets for attack, and they supply an excellent subject for venting aggression while doing no harm.

Why hasn't their appearance changed since SL early days?

Again many reasons.  There are numerous new models with sculpt and mesh, the old Arcadia vehicles are historic classics, there is no requirement in the TOS to change or update appearance, I'm a scripter, not a builder so I use whatever I can get free or cheap.

Why hasn't your avatar been charged with vehicular homicide?

Not a single person has been killed except for occasional sim crossings but that is not my fault and they do get resurrected.

Why does the dryer only eat one sock at a time?

Because if it eats both, you don't have evidence that one is missing.

A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent upon arriving.
- Lao-Tzu

Oh my kind of passenger, the vehicles wander totally at random with no timetable or destination.

EDIT,

LMAO I did find the URLs of which you speak on the Ice Cream Truck, the artwork was stolen from real life vehicles.

In fact if you look carefully you will see that the sides of the vehicle are from different companies promoting opposing businesses.  When finding artwork for it you usually only get a picture from one side so it took two different ice cream trucks to make just one in SL.  If someone files an AR I will have to edit the art work. 

EDIT.

OMG and the front of the vehicle is a third unrelated company to the two sides and although the rear is a 4th company the only way you can tell is the license plate is different front and back :)

• 5 weeks later...

Darien Caldwell wrote:

OMG! I've seen it and I wonder how LL could allow that. By luck, the "experiment" is over now. :matte-motes-shocked:

Here is what we have gotten away from:

Snapshot_305.jpg

Imagine that scene on almost every public road rez zone on mainland. Not only did it take up a lot of the available room, but it rezzed new vehicles on a regular basis (exactly as Darien said). Sometimes even before the previous one was autoreturned! :matte-motes-stress:

And of course, this would have caused even more non-phantom drunk vehicles to take over SL public roads. Well, we had a narrow escape here. :matte-motes-mad:

IMHO that suspension was totally deserved. I even wish it was longer. :matte-motes-evil:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.