Baking Issues since LL changes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am using the latest Firestorm viewer, and i have noticed since LL changed how things are baked when you log in, i have had major issues with my surroundings and nearby avatars coming into view. They keep going all blurred on me after i have been logged on for 5 minutes and constantly find after awhile it gets so bad i have to re-log. My Firestorm hardware settings are automatic to what my system can handle, so i am not pushing anything to more than it can take, i have even reduced the hardware settings to see if it helps, but it doesn;t make no difference. Any suggestions, will be appreciated, i am not sure what else to do, i do not have this issue with any other programs i use or in SL Beta and never had this issue until baking was changed a few months back.

Could you post your viewer info here and maybe a picure of the problem at it`s worst. For viewer info just start the viewer and click Help > About Firestorm, no need to log in. You can also save a sl picture to your hard drive at no cost. This could help to solve your problem quicker.  The server side baking code went live Aug/Sept 2013, so has been around a lot longer than a few months

CPU: AMD A4-3305M APU with Radeon HD Graphics (1896.58 MHz)
Memory: 3559 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6480G

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0010.1103
OpenGL Version: 4.1.11251 Compatibility Profile Context

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.24.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1g zlib/1.2.6 c-ares/1.10.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.3.2
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.32
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Vivox 4.6.0009.20030

Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Font Used: Deja Vu (96)
Draw distance: 224
Bandwidth: 500
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: Medium-High (4/7)
Texture memory: 512 MB (1)
Built with MSVC version 1600
Packets Lost: 476/275,664 (0.2%)

Just also, once one part comes into view, other parts blur, so it is constant all the time, everything trying to come into view

Snapshot_002.JPG

To me it looks like a connection issue, I notice your bandwith is 500 which suggests you`re using wireless connection. If you`re hardwired you could try a setting between 1000-1300. You could try a lower draw distance it will be less stress for your graphics and may help 224 is probably a bit high for just general use, I tend to keep mine at 125 and go even lower in laggy indoor places. Disabling http textures may help Preferences > Graphics > Rendering > use HTTP for recieving textures, uncheck that box. I used to have http disabled all the time coz it helped to cut down on texture blur but these days it doesn`t make much difference and I don`t get the blur that I used to. I think it`s very specific to your location and connection to sl.

Another thing to consider is that the sl viewer runs fine for you but firestorm doesn`t, suggests that sl viewer code is better suited to your connection, well firestorm should be releasing an update in the 1st or 2nd week of August, it may be that the newer version runs better for you.

Ohh and I would just check that your graphics driver is up to date.

Hope something here helps, good luck :smileyhappy:

I had a similar issue when wearing a particular HUD (possibly because it used too many hi-rez textures?). Even in a simple location with low draw distance, all textures would repeatedly blur then reload. Removing the HUD solved the problem, and I've heard of others with the same issue. Thankfully the creator of that HUD released an updated version which doesn't cause the same problem. 

• 2 weeks later...

There`s a RC viewer that has a fix and it will likely be the next sl release viewer based on the fact that there`s only one RC viewer listed atm.

Release Notes for v3.7.14 (292638) - Second Life Viewer

Resolved Issues

Persistent Blurred Textures on Sunshine Viewer

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/3.7.14.292638

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.