Any Suggestions?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys, 

So, I've been on sl for almost a year now and till today its difficult to find things to do online. So here I am asking you for suggestions on the best places to meet people. I've tried going to clubs and no one ever talks. Most of the sims that I try to explore are always dead so maybe I'm doing something wrong. All help and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Try learning to do something. Builders Brewery and Happy Hippo have classes on a regular basis. Relay for life can always use volunteers. There's lots to do but like you said, after about a year, you start wanting to do more than just hang around. Once you take classes, you get in the groups for those schools and both have very lively chats going almost all the time and not just about building. If you like shopping or have a favorite store, get involved with the group if it has an open chat group. Can't tell you how much I enjoy the conversations about anything and almost everything in the groups for my favorite store. You'll soon be making friends in the groups. Have a DJ you like, start following them around. You'll soon be seeing the same people that are also following them. If you like to hunt...I've had some of the best convos in the Twisted Hunt and Depraved Nation hunt groups.

I think I saw you at Fogbound. I remember I was dissappointed because you didn't have elf ears.

You could add to your profile. Make it more inviting, show some vulnerability. Tell people what you're hoping for, what's missing in your SL. Explain how you signed up for SL on Christmas. How did you by the way?

If you go to a club where no one is talking they are talking in IM, probably with people that they have never met before. This means that for the most part they are open to getting IMs from people such as yourself.

Look around and find someone that you like the look of and pay them a complement or get some clue from their profile about their interests and IM about that. You will be surprised how easy it is to start up a conversation and make friends. If you don't get an answer just move on to another person.

What could help is, wear something crazy, strange, funny, silly, etc when going to a club. This gives people something to start a conversation over. The same goes the other way around. When you see someone wear something like that, chances are they do that to attract attention and seek conversation just like you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.