Honored Resident
Bobc49

Age and Voice Verify

Ok I see every once in awhile in a person profile that they are Aged and voice verify is this something Linden Laps do or this a privet person doing this and is there such a thing as being age & voice verified?

Charly Muggins

Re: Age and Voice Verify

Reply to Bobc49 - view message

It's usually lies.

Dresden Ceriano
Topics: 67

Bobc49 wrote:

Ok I see every once in awhile in a person profile that they are Aged and voice verify is this something Linden Laps do or this a privet person doing this and is there such a thing as being age & voice verified?

It's complete and utter nonsense.  Not only does LL not supply this type of verification, but anyone else who claims they can is full of it.

...Dres

Just like Dresden... only BETTER!!!
Senobia Xenga

This caveat usually appears in the profile of a RL man playing a SL woman to make 'her' seem more 'authentic'.

To my knowledge, there is no legit verification system in place by LL or anyone else, to answer your question.

Honored Resident
Bobc49

Thanks for the quick responses, I thought that may be the case Thanks

Perrie Juran

Bobc49 wrote:

A few years ago LL had set up an age verification system that you had to supply a valid form of ID to prove you were 18.  It probably was scammable so it was not 100% guaranteed.  Now they only require self verification via the birth date you enter.  There are some people who claim SL is crawling with teens who lied about their age.  Bottom line is there is no absolute guarantee. 

Voice verification was (and still is) a resident to resident service and once again is no guarantee.  The argument has been that anyone could get a friend of the opposite sex to speak for them.

Linden Lab has never provided this service itself. 

So that gives you a little more background Info.

About the closest thing you could get to a guarantee on the Interwebs would be to get on Web Cam and have the other person hold up five forms of picture ID for you to look at.

Reply to Perrie Juran - view message

Even this is no guarantee.  I knew a guy playing a woman in SL and when he was asked to cam or voice verify he got his wife to do it for him.

The ONLY way to be sure is to meet someone in RL and examine their ID then have them log into their account in SL right in front of you.

Photobucket
Honored Resident
RobertThorp

Reply to Perrie Juran - view message

Perrie Juan said: "About the closest thing you could get to a guarantee on the Interwebs would be to get on Web Cam and have the other person hold up five forms of picture ID for you to look at."

I would have the other party show something else. If the party is female, she would probably refuse. If male, it could get that person into some very serious trouble.

Some people, on dates with someone that claims to be a certain gender, will ask the other person to use voice to verify. That works some of the time, but there are people who can fake the voice of the other gender, and there is the possibility of a guy getting a woman (or vice versa) to speak. That is unlikely, but possible.

Age and gender verification is a problem and not something I would trust on SL.

steph Arnott

[ Edited ]

Depends were the verification comes from mine would come from the second life Seventh Day Adventist church. But why I would want to put that on my profile I don't know, not really reliever for anything. As others have said, probably people using it as an attempt to convince others they female or even male, I would not assume just men do it.

Added: Just as a personal point of veiw even tho others have tried to convince me, i dont understand SL sex, just seems totaly pointless.to me.

Qie Niangao

Reply to Charly Muggins - view message

Charly Muggins wrote:

It's usually lies.

"Lies" is such an ugly word.

I prefer to call it "role play."

If I want to pretend to be age- and gender-verified, who's to tell me I can't?