About Native Americans?

cliffmiller

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, my question is, can a half native american child have red hair and green eyes? I know some native americans do have green eyes, but as red hair is a bit tricky genetically, since people born with it are usually described as being more pale than people with other hair colors and native americans aren't, in my experience, pale.

I see no reason why a child with a Native American parent couldn't have red hair and green eyes.  Genetics are strange... it's very possible that red hair and blues eyes could come about with neither parent having been endowed with those attributes, simply because, somewhere down the line of their ancestry, someone with whom their ancestors bore offspring had those genetic traits.

Regardless, in Second Life, genetics plays no part and you can create any sort of character you wish.. even a red-haired, green-eyed Native American.

...Dres

Red hair as well as green or hazel eyes run in my family and always show up every other generation without fail regardless of the genetics of the parent who married into the family.    Not every child born  in the effected generation has these attributes, but there are always a few of them among the siblings or cousins.  Of those that have it, not all of them have the pale skin and freckles traditionally thought to come with it either. 

cliffmiller wrote:

So, my question is, can a half native american child have red hair and green eyes? I know some native americans do have green eyes, but as red hair is a bit tricky genetically, since people born with it are usually described as being more pale than people with other hair colors and native americans aren't, in my experience, pale.

Yes..

We tend to mix about the same as everyone else does..

The only drawback is,you become totally hot  which makes it a lot harder to find peace and quiet..

I hear them complaining all the time..Oh why do i haz to be so hot?My beauty is such a curse..

I just say to them,Listen you!! Your glass is only half full,you should try walkin around in my shoes!

*drum roll cymbal crash!!*:matte-motes-nerdy:

hehehe

Ceka Cianci wrote:

I hear them complaining all the time..Oh why do i haz to be so hot?My beauty is such a curse..

jejejjee (:

i hear this all the time in SL. Is terrible. To be so hot !!!

like a random person IM you and goes: wow! u so hot. u gorgeous !!! I wanna make babies with u !?!??

and I think: blinking hope so. I spend ages and ages of time and a fortune on this avatar getting to look this good

but I actual say: tnks(:

and then say: umm! I have to go now

(:

Im not half Native American, but I did have a great grandmother who was 100% Cherokee. I have a brother and sister who are darker skinned, darker hair, and tan like crazy during the summer....then there is me. Red hair, fair skin, and I'm like a fork in a microwave on the beach in the summer. I don't tan...I'm the palest one in the group, and I also have hazel/green eyes, where my sibs have deep brown. Genetics are a funny thing!  Both my parents had blue black hair, my mother had the hazel eyes, my father had blue, so go figure. 

irihapeti wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

jejejjee (:

i hear this all the time in SL. Is terrible. To be so hot !!!

like a random person IM you and goes: wow! u so hot. u gorgeous !!! I wanna make babies with u !?!??

and I think: blinking hope so. I spend ages and ages of time and a fortune on this avatar getting to look this good

but I actual say: tnks(:

and then say: umm! I have to go now

(:

It was a joke about how having indigenous blood  makes a person hotter..

hehehe

Since the general definition of "Native American" is vague and historically ambiguous (it covers all the "original" inhabitants of North, Central and South America as well as the Caribbean and other islands), and there are over 50 "specific" (as implied here of North American Indians) legal definitions, added to which DNA testing of those who claim "100% true-blood" has revealed up to 60% European/African/Asian heritage, which is unsurprising given that the dual continent was largely poulated by emigres over the land bridge where the Bering Straits now exists, then the OP's question would appear moot, if not disingenuous.

It might make a good programme for Oprah/Dr Phil though . . .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.