Re: AR when mesh isn't seen?

Reply to jwenting - view message

There are a lot of reasons someone would ban nudity on their land that have nothing to do with complaints or morals.  If a sim owner feels nudity is not appropriate to their venue, which it isn't in a lot of places, it is their right to make rules against it.  They are not required to accommodate exhibitionists just because they have land on an M sim or even an A sim.

If you want to go around naked that is your business, until you go to someone else's land , then it is their business to decide if it is appropriate.  If the major of people that go there don't want to see nudity, then they are fools not to ban it and anyone that insists on coming there nude.  It is good business and has nothing to do with morals.  If you don't like the rules someone has established, just don't go there.  There are plenty of places in SL that allow nudity.  Your insistence that you should be allowed to go nude anyplace you want to is imposing your own morals on others too and you are as guilty as the people you complain about.

Photobucket
Member 16

Reply to Qie Niangao - view message

Qie Niangao wrote:
Or could there be avatar shapes so perfectly matched to their mesh attachments that they don't even need the alphas?

is this one

some mesh clothes designers getting really good now at fitting perfect to the Standard SIzes. the alpha layer hide is a klutz way. meaning is not ideal

many people would rather not have alphas bc it mess with your head a bit. like it appears that you have to cut off parts of your body to wear your clothes

in technical terms alpha is not a biggie. in headspace terms it can be. and is the second main reason (after having to change your shape) why women mostly are really keen to get the deformer

Pussycat Catnap
Topics: 70

Reply to Qie Niangao - view message

Qie Niangao wrote:
Or could there be avatar shapes so perfectly matched to their mesh attachments that they don't even need the alphas?

Its often good to wear an alpha anyway if the item covers a joint - some animations in SL "break your bones" when they twist you, and that can create pop-through even on a perfect fit.

With mesh bikinis, there is often so little covered that the outfit never crosses a joint ( :smileyvery-happy: ), so this can be easier to fit into than a full dress suit - I wish I had that problem in RL. :smileytongue:

Self interest & greed are the roots of evil.
The gift of Jah is eternal life. - Romans 6:23
Equal Rights and Justice, these are not just words but great and noble conceptions. No prejudice, no discrimination. - Lutan Fyah
Getting started in Second Life | Getting good Body Proportions in SL | Rasta Music | Gallery
Pussycat Catnap
Topics: 70

Reply to Amethyst Jetaime - view message

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

There are a lot of reasons someone would ban nudity on their land that have nothing to do with complaints or morals.  If a sim owner feels nudity is not appropriate to their venue, which it isn't in a lot of places, it is their right to make rules against it.  They are not required to accommodate exhibitionists just because they have land on an M sim or even an A sim.

I have often been an SL nudist. But when not in the mood I can be seriously not in the mood. Nothing can be more jarring than sitting between a pair of friends who are nude and about 1.5 times taller than you, so that you feel like your head is being squished by mega-boobs...

Which for them was a casual afternoon tea and conversation, but for me was a "ok, what's my excuse going to be for needing to log out?"

So despite often being an SL nudist, I can understand this.

But I do think people who don't want any nudity around should stick to land where that is the TOS.

If you arrive on an A sim, you can -expect- that the default assumption is nude-ok. If you arrive on M, it could go either way. When in a nudist mood, I -will- tromp around on M land sans outfit. But quickly cover or leave if the local place feels otherwise.

If the local place feels otherwise on A land, I feel put out: they have that right, but they are rude to use it on A land.

Self interest & greed are the roots of evil.
The gift of Jah is eternal life. - Romans 6:23
Equal Rights and Justice, these are not just words but great and noble conceptions. No prejudice, no discrimination. - Lutan Fyah
Getting started in Second Life | Getting good Body Proportions in SL | Rasta Music | Gallery
Porky Gorky

Reply to Pussycat Catnap - view message

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Nothing can be more jarring than sitting between a pair of friends who are nude and about 1.5 times taller than you, so that you feel like your head is being squished by mega-boobs... 

That sounds like the perfect way to die in my opinion. 

Gadget Portal

Reply to ImaTest - view message

I'd reply to you, ImaTest, but my fourth post in the thread covers it pretty well already. Go back and read it.
Leia36
Topics: 11

Reply to Porky Gorky - view message

Loool ;D

She emerged from chrysalis, flowering in the storm.
Gadget Portal

You and me both, Porky.
Member 16

Porky Gorky wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Nothing can be more jarring than sitting between a pair of friends who are nude and about 1.5 times taller than you, so that you feel like your head is being squished by mega-boobs... 

That sounds like the perfect way to die in my opinion. 

maybe not

http://www.nigeriadailynews.com/odd/59492-busty-woman-kills-her-boyfriend-with-her-breasts.html

Syo Emerald
Topics: 27

Reply to Pussycat Catnap - view message

Thats not only a risk at nude beaches...I lately visited some places where "huge"  seemed to be a standartlevel for most people around. And with the spread of Lola's it will get worse and dangerous whereever one goes.

On the internet nobody knows you are a dog.