A new TOS?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well.. first and foremost... I KNOW NOTHING!!

But it appears to me that new TOS just gives LL rights to use 'user created content' in their advertising... or however they decide to otherwise (debugging is another LL 'use' I seen somewhere here).

That other place.... Faceb**k... did the same thing about a year ago, with a user 'stir' as well.

So... HEY.. if you happen to see YOUR FACE up on a billboard while driven 'round town.. don't be surprised! YOU AGREED to it!!    

Three points:

The TOS says the LL can change them without notice at anytime.

When these forums were implemented we had to register & agree to the Community Guidelines which include a statement & link requiring adhering to the TOS.

As part of the SL account creation process everyone is required to accept the TSO.  This is before any logon to either the forums or in-world.

AviNews wrote:

Well.. first and foremost... I KNOW NOTHING!!

But it appears to me that new TOS just gives LL rights to use 'user created content' in their advertising... or however they decide to otherwise (debugging is another LL 'use' I seen somewhere here).

That other place.... Faceb**k... did the same thing about a year ago, with a user 'stir' as well.

So... HEY.. if you happen to see YOUR FACE up on a billboard while driven 'round town.. don't be surprised! YOU AGREED to it!!    

SL is a user created world, it would make sense to advertise showing what users have created.   Most common use of this I see is the Second Life Pic of the Day.  They have all in the past used images and video on the SL website home page showing resident creations but these were of LEA land grants.  The debugging part let's them investigate ARs for griefing and fraud, and now the game of chance rules.  I just don't see a big motive for LL to abuse this. 

Face book is all about tricking people into exposing there personal life to be exploited for data mining, and cares nothing about user privacy, I would expect nothing less then complete exploitation form face book.  Needless to say I don't use face book.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.