A THANK YOU FOR THE LINDENS WHO WORKED CHRISTMAS DAY

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You must never have had to do it, or, else, are a Scrooge who cares nothing for Christmas.  I have had to work Christmas Day many times.  Getting paid did not make me like it.  What did make it more bearable was people who expressed their appreciation for my working.  I was a healthcare worker providing lifesaving care.  The Lindens are just making it possible for you to continue playing a game without interruption.  You should kiss their @$$eses for missing Christmas with their families and loved ones to do that.

Yes, working on a holyday when everybody else is having free is never fun, no matter how good the payment is.

@Phil: Remind me to not thank you if it ever happens that I need your service on a day where you rather would like to spend time with family/friends who don't work due to a special holyday.

@Sio: Wanting to keep the job sure makes it easier to work when everybody else has a day off, and yes, they got paid extra for it, but maybe they would rather use the time to spend with family/friends.

@Ceka: great picture :D

MasoDevotina wrote:

@Phil: Remind me to
not
thank you if it ever happens that I need your service on a day where you rather would like to spend time with family/friends who don't work due to a special holyday.

I'll do even better. If such a remote possibility actually happens, where you need my services on such a day, I'll refuse them. Then I won't have to remember to remind you not to thank me. Does that work for you?

Actually it would never happen because you wouldn't even be able to get in touch with me to request my services on such a day. I'd be spending the time with family and friends, and not in SL, so you couldn't even ask me for me services ;)

I'm pretty sure they would rather be at home on holidays, but to be thankfull for their work needs a noble reason and not the simple reason that they are forced to do their job. If they would be totally free in their choice to work then we could talk about being thankful.

You could also be thankful that some guys somewhere keep the power stations running, so you can use your computer and cook your christmas dinner or you could be thankful for the people providing you radio- and tv program. The list is endless, but they all don't do it cause they like the customers so much or their work....no, they don't want to get fired. Its simply their job.

Syo Emerald wrote:

I'm pretty sure they would rather be at home on holidays, but to be thankfull for their work needs a noble reason and not the simple reason that they are forced to do their job. If they would be totally free in their choice to work then we could talk about being thankful.

You could also be thankful that some guys somewhere keep the power stations running, so you can use your computer and cook your christmas dinner or you could be thankful for the people providing you radio- and tv program. The list is endless, but they all don't do it cause they like the customers so much or their work....no, they don't want to get fired. Its simply their job.

I do it because it's polite and in the spirit of the season.

So thank you Lindens. I didn't even login this year, but I would have been very lonely indeed without it a couple of years ago.

It's a good thing to spread some Christmas cheer and goodwill around. Politeness isn't anything to do with it though. It's the management of the company who merits thanks if anyone does. They are the ones who chose to keep SL running through Christmas Day.

Come to think of it, the title of this thread doesn't thank those who worked. It thanks LL (presumably) FOR them :)

Phil Deakins wrote:

It's a good thing to spread some Christmas cheer and goodwill around. Politeness isn't anything to do with it though. It's the management of the company who merits thanks if anyone does. They are the ones who chose to keep SL running through Christmas Day.

Come to think of it, the title of this thread doesn't thank those who worked. It thanks LL (presumably) FOR them
:)

it doesn't mention their names because true heroes have sekrit indentities..

:P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.