The Cornfield Game & Project Viewer

Wes Rewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just played. You go out into a field to gather corn (to exchange for currency, then weapons). You need to avoid or kill 'griefers--if they gert you, you areI sent back to start. If you stop them you can continue filling your corn basket.

It is set up okay, most of the time griefers can be seen or heard before you are attacked and (within a microsecond) sent back to start and lose all your corn but there is no way to fend off blind attacks--no visual or auditory signal that a griefer is near. This is not a feature; it is a bug and I find it makes the game nearly unplayable for me. Anyone have any different experience?

Wes Rewell wrote:

Just played. You go out into a field to gather corn (to exchange for currency, then weapons). You need to avoid or kill 'griefers--if they gert you, you areI sent back to start. If you stop them you can continue filling your corn basket.

It is set up okay, most of the time griefers can be seen or heard before you are attacked and (within a microsecond) sent back to start and lose all your corn but there is no way to fend off blind attacks--no visual or auditory signal that a griefer is near. This is not a feature; it is a bug and I find it makes the game nearly unplayable for me. Anyone have any different experience?

What you describe sounds more like poor game design, not a "bug."

And remember, this is "beta" and the purpose is to test how the software works.

Is it possible that you have not deciphered yet how to detect these 'blind attacks?'

When a griefer is near you, there is some weird spooky sound you hear and the HUD shows a red silhouette of the griefer. And as I saw it, the point of the game is to chase them around and kill, much more fun than to avoid them ;) what I did is just run around clicking like crazy hahaha

You do die a bit quickly on the basic setup of wooden plank and basket and working out what to do but I found the game to be quite spooky and immersive especially if you stay in mouselook. I don`t see a problem with the griefers ambushing you quietly though, that`s part of the game. Forget the corn and run around picking up the coins that people like me don`t bother to pick up when they kill a griefer :smileyhappy:

Faythe LeShelle wrote:

I would like to try this, however can't seem to TP into The Cornfield.  Anyone know why? I can see there are people in there are people in the sim.

Thanks

the game region is set up to funnel people through a portal to grant the experience permissions first.

go to the LR Portal Park, walk down the path for the cornfield game, and accept the permissions near the barn at the end of the path.

there is also a tea room at the portal park, because tea.

• 2 months later...

Wes Rewell wrote:

Never stop running, buy armor at the store it helps a lot, get a shot gun so you can kill without getting as close.  killing griefers (the red coins) is where you make the most corn bucks at not collecting corn, but you might have to collect corn until you have at lest some armor.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.