Roller Derby in Second Life!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Looking for something to do in SL besides shop and wander?

Then i invite you to take a look at Second Life Roller Derby Association.  5978232306_7dee9a9d05_m.jpg

SL Roller Derby is a HUD based sport in SL thats fast paced roller skating action. Our SLRDA members range from RL Derby girls to new comers to the sport. 

Try outs are currently being held and new teams are forming. With last years championship bout completed, we're focusing on recruiting new players, teams and as always Refs.

If you would like to be a part of the fastest growing sport in SL, drop by SL Headquarters

or contact any SLRDA member (group joiner --> secondlife:///app/group/d26b4e86f6b1-2a61-1f2c-c5

2eaa1118ad/about)or feel free to contact me inworld. 

Theres room for everyone in SLRDA (Second Life Roller Derby Association) 

you really should.  its so much fun and there are a whole bunch of new teams this coming season.  There's also a mash-up bout where any active slrda girls can enter and the teams are mixed up.  Its a great way to meet other SLRDA derby girls and to get track time in before an official bout.  We have one coming up on Sunday January 29th if'd you'd like to come and check it out.  or IM me in world and i can help you find a team, or answer any questions you may have.   =)  MizDeMeanor Morpork

• 4 months later...

With anything in sl when theres a large group of people lag can be a factor.  We do ask our fans to descript as much as possible and our skaters are trained to wear as little scripts as possible, most not wearing more than the slrda hud itself. 

So yes lag is an issue, but we work through it.  its one of the main reasons we dont disclose the bout areas for derby to the fans until an hour before.  it takes the girls a while to settle in and let the lag die down.  Then when fans arrive it usually takes about 20 minutes for the sim to settle in. 

One other thing we di to keep the lag down is keep our sims where our tracks are as script free as possible.  most rinks have script meters for people there and strict no scripts on the land on bout days. 

So to answer your question..yes we have lag, but we also have over 200 members that keep coming back for more of the awesome SLRDA derby girls! You should come and check out a practice sometime!!!

Awesome!!!  You'll find that Psych0 Starship, creater and founder of Second Life Roller Derby has kept it very true to its RL rules and regulations.  We're currently gearing up for our second season with five teams getting ready for qualifiers.  But teams are still recruiting new blood.  Let me know if you have any questions or would like to come our and see what all the buzz is about!

*Talk Derby to Me*  -MizDeMeanor Morpork, SLRDA Personal Relations Manager. =)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.