DjWhiteBoi

Is fish hunt still popular?

Just realized I've never tried fishing out in SL. It sounds fun. But I was wondering if it's still popular? Is there any groups/communities or somewhere to find fishing buddies?

Also, has anyone tried the Farm Frenzy? (breedable worms) How's the market for selling worms to other fishermen?

Living the Single Life
Claireschen Hesten

Re: Is fish hunt still popular?

[ Edited ]

Reply to DjWhiteBoi - view message

if you want to try fishing why not give 7seas a go it's possibily the most popular best known fishing game in SL i believe there is a support group for it and theres a social chat group i own the 7seas pro rod which allows you to get XP points and much rarer fishes as well as common fish, blueprints & salvage to make gadgets and boats ect that the casual rod offers.

some locations in SL have fishing contests that offer cash prizes for catching the most or largest weight fish usually all the gear is set up and you don't need your own rod

DjWhiteBoi

Reply to Claireschen Hesten - view message

Oh yea forgot about 7Seas.  I'll look into it then.

What's the difference in 7 Seas and Fish Hunt then?

Living the Single Life
Claireschen Hesten

i've never tried the fish hunt but it seems to be incredibily expensive to get in to nearly L$1000 for a rod nearly L$2500 to farm worms plus extra to buy breeding packs and thats to be able to play if it's anything like the coin game from the same creator you'll probably make a pittance when you hook a fish. 7seas on the other hand much cheaper pro rod L$250 bait bucket starts at L$30

DjWhiteBoi

Reply to Claireschen Hesten - view message

It looks like 7 Seas hasn't been updated sense 2010..  are there still events n such goin on for these?

Living the Single Life
Polenth Yue

7Seas events are run by anyone who has a fishing area. I've seen people running them in some of the groups I'm in (I'm not in any special fishing groups, which I'm sure have more going on). Fishing areas on the website are updated automatically, as it's done with an in-world tool... so the list should be pretty accurate.

I grow mushrooms!
Tari Landar

7Seas hands down is the best.

Don't waste your time with fish hunt, or any of the other products provided by that particular company. There is an awful lot of negativity and issues surrounding them and their products right now(and has been, for some time). Doesn't matter if what's being said/done is true or not, the negativity alone is enough to scare most people away(or, in most cases, annoy them away, lol). It's a pretty big money sink at the moment, and a lot of people have learned the hard way. :smileysad:

7Seas has top notch customer support, always has. There's always new things to do, and hundreds, if not thousands of locations to fish all across the grid. Lots of creators make their own prizes, hold their own fish games and races even. There's really a crap ton to do inworld as far as 7Seas is concerned. It's a relatively cheap hobby too. Great way to meet people because most of the people you meet, aren't there to make money, they're more likely to actually speak to you, lol. Anytime there IS an issue (rare) they get right on it. I once had a misdelivery of a bait bucket, well, failed delivery. Not even an hour after I sent a NC and an IM the staff was online and resending my bait, and I even got extra to compensate for the wait. I wasn't in any hurry, but that was a really great touch. Plus they offer other folks around the grid the chance to make a little money too, with their vendors and whatnot. Lots of people make other fish, new catches, rods, all sorts of things to go along with their stuff. They have a developers package you can buy. I've rarely heard a negative word about them or any of their products. Some of the catches are pretty cool, they have some funny ones too.

No I don't work for them, nor was I paid to say that :smileytongue: lol, I just really like their style and think they represent a lot of what's missing from many similar things in their area. I give props where due. They get as many props as I can send them.

DjWhiteBoi

Reply to Tari Landar - view message

Tari Landar wrote:

7Seas hands down is the best.

Don't waste your time with fish hunt, or any of the other products provided by that particular company. There is an awful lot of negativity and issues surrounding them and their products right now(and has been, for some time). Doesn't matter if what's being said/done is true or not, the negativity alone is enough to scare most people away(or, in most cases, annoy them away, lol). It's a pretty big money sink at the moment, and a lot of people have learned the hard way. :smileysad:

7Seas has top notch customer support, always has. There's always new things to do, and hundreds, if not thousands of locations to fish all across the grid. Lots of creators make their own prizes, hold their own fish games and races even. There's really a crap ton to do inworld as far as 7Seas is concerned. It's a relatively cheap hobby too. Great way to meet people because most of the people you meet, aren't there to make money, they're more likely to actually speak to you, lol. Anytime there IS an issue (rare) they get right on it. I once had a misdelivery of a bait bucket, well, failed delivery. Not even an hour after I sent a NC and an IM the staff was online and resending my bait, and I even got extra to compensate for the wait. I wasn't in any hurry, but that was a really great touch. Plus they offer other folks around the grid the chance to make a little money too, with their vendors and whatnot. Lots of people make other fish, new catches, rods, all sorts of things to go along with their stuff. They have a developers package you can buy. I've rarely heard a negative word about them or any of their products. Some of the catches are pretty cool, they have some funny ones too.

No I don't work for them, nor was I paid to say that :smileytongue: lol, I just really like their style and think they represent a lot of what's missing from many similar things in their area. I give props where due. They get as many props as I can send them.

Thanks for all of that info.:matte-motes-big-grin:         Hope I get around to fishing soon.. seems I'm always busy in SL lately.

Living the Single Life
Resident
Linna Magic

You know the most wonderful thing about Sl ? is that people form their own likes and dislikes. While  this lady hasnt tried fish hunt Herself  she sure has opion thats easly influenced.  Fish Hunt Has Free Beginners rod you can try and make your own choice based on your own experiances.  Fishers are earning up to 500 L a day doing something they enjoy.  People like to toss Rocks at things that shine.  Give it a try yourself .

Honored Resident
Kmere

Farm Frenzy is becoming very popular. As the Fish Hunt community continues to grow, the demand for worms has increased greatly.

DJ, if you'd like more information regarding Fish Hunt and/or Farm Frenzy, please look me up inworld. I'd be happy to speak with you :-)