Why is the Feedback Forum hidden?

Ossian1488303077

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I tried to put this on the CTUG agenda yesterday, but apparently you can't put items on the agenda if you don't go
to the meeting.  I'll never be able to go to the meeting (because I work), so I'll ask it here.

I'm sure there is some rationale, but I haven't seen it stated anywhere.

I do realize that it's not "hidden" -- but it's listed with three read-only items,
and it's very easy to miss.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

yep, we can sit back & relax now that everything is perfect

That would be nice!   I think we will look at notifying more people that this forum is here.  The old forum really ended up with a majority of the posts NOT being related to the platform feedback topic.  We need to find a happy medium :)

How about making it less hidden but that you can only start a thread here with a certain rank or higher?.

Even if you choose a low rank such as the 2nd or 3rd one from the bottom it should help a bit, because it was mostly first time posters that were making a mess before and it is unlikely that someone would come here with their first post being a genuine forum feedback issue.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

You need to have people see it to get reactions beyond the group that looks here everyday.

Who cares about the reaction of people that don't look here every day... lol.

Seriously, here's my thought: I don't know if something like this is even possible but if so... set it up so that when someone clicks the Start a Thread button a disclaimer pops up stating the purpose of the forum and requires the person to click a "Continue" or a "Cancel" button. That might clear up some confusion before a person posts here, even if they haven't previously paid attention to what exactly is it's intended purpose.

Just a thought... Dres

Edited to change a few almost insignificant things.

Qwalyphi and Dresden interesting ideas but yo are assuming thar Residents READ, and I'm not sure of that (yes, I know, I'm a bad person LOL).

I'm the administrator of a Spanish forum. The only way I know for order in the subfrums is the administrator (or moderators) moving threads :)

Edfted for typos.

Yeah... doesn't have to be a pop up, maybe just a redirect page... especially when people can block pop-ups. Then, the problem is... can it be done? I have no idea what can be done with the Lithium software. It certainly wouldn't stop people from posting things here that shouldn't be. But I think it would probably help more than sticking it in a sidebar with even less of an explanation as to it's intended use, as it is now. It was just an idea off the top of my head.

...Dres

The main point of my idea is that it might prompt people to actually read it before they post... if nothing else I think it might help cut down on incorrect topics being posted, not illuminate them... which just stashing it away doesn't really accomplish if you think about it.

...Dres

I'm sure it is possible - anything is possible, right?

The forum gets a bit lost in the sidebar, and is slightly different 'in nature' than the other links in the sidebar. Thus, nobody thinks that there is a forum behind the links. And the feedback forum is needed. Moving it, or at least making it more prominent than it is now, and giving a pop-up or other alert type thing on creating new threads is to live with. After all, it is a special purpose forum.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.