Thread gone, where did it go?

Tamara Artis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I saw that one too, Vania. I sincerely hope the author didn't get a caution or anything. If she was notified of a reason why the original thread was taken down (which I very much doubt) then I guess posting again could be considered inflammatory, but her second thread's OP was very mildly worded.

I think Madelaine's post is an accurate description of what happened. And that's really too bad.

I've been involved in service/support in one way or another for about half of my working life. I've always found that admitting errors is a much better response than covering them up or denying them.

I worked for a place that sold/repaired computers to/for retail customers, back before that wasn't unusual. I'd just started. I was the Service Manager, because I'd a history of doing that although not in the computer business. A customer whose repair the service department had totally fouled up called asking for explanations. After getting the history from my new co-workers I realized the whole problem was our fault. I took the call and he said, "What the Hell happened here?". I said, "We screwed up." His next comment was several decibels lower and just asked if we could fix it (which we could).

You can't keep screwing up over and over (and I admit that might be the issue discussed here) but I learned from that something I really already knew: just accept the blame, fix it if you can, and apologize. For most people, that's an acceptable solution.

Edited because I spelled Maddy's name wrong :-)

Exactly. I had no idea when I got that dance and removing a thread where people explain what happened left me worried, is my account going to get in trouble? I never created anything, besides having multiple copies of akeyo hud with tons of different anims. And there was not a single word in that mail, advising what to do in case I want to complain to it. Also I didn't  get another mail, which some people mention, saying it was a mistake.

Since apparently nothing at all happened it would be redundant to make any sort of critical comment disparaging the incompetence of the personnel involved in initiating a self-humiliating error in the first place, nor the hypocritical attitude of those charged with attempting a whitewash cover-up, would there?

Dillon Levenque wrote:

I nominate Qwal. He's been staying out of trouble lately, and that's just not like him.

On a more serious note: how hard would it have been? The problem was apparently fixed, since before the first thread went down I saw a couple of people saying their dances had been restored. Why not just come out and say so?

When the NSA talks to you, you can not deny or affirm anything. 

Oh, and I have not got my copy back.  I got mine at (damn, i don't know if I am allowed to say, I can neither affirm or deny that I was at Akeyo) during a hunt.  I do still have the rest of the items I got there on the hunt.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.