New Linden Homes : Can't give another Resident Access?

Bruce Schmetterling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My wife and I finally decided to upgrade one of our accounts, we are trying to start a business in SL and need a place to work. Anyway we played the full $72 and selected our new Home.  The only trouble is that her account can't access. Traditionally if you have land you can give access to someone under tha access panel. But in this linden home every option is greyed out it that regard.

Please tell me how I can give her access to my new Linden Home. This really makes me want my money back, very disappointed.

1 answer to this question

Linden homes are not designed to accomodate a partner like regular homes are.  You paid for one account and you got a home. You can set the home to a group (deeding is not allowed) and someone in the group can set home there and rez things but they don't have access to the control panel.  It says this clearly in the Knowledge Base if you look up Linden Homes.  The link takes you there where you can read it yourself.

Please also note you are not allowed to run a business in a Linden Home.  It is strictly for residential use.

In anticipation of your next question, you can't get your money back for your premium membership if you cancel it.  This is stated in the TOS.

What you can do is abandon your Linden Home and buy a 512sqm parcel on the mainland.  There you can install a simple skybox with a control panel you can share.  You can also run your business there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.