Moderators reading the Feedback?

CAPAL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3871 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Do the moderators or LindenLab employees even take a look at the feedback section of the forum?

It would be really great if someone of them could actually answer to the threads that are being posted in the feedback-forum.

CAPAL wrote:

Do the moderators or LindenLab employees even take a look at the feedback section of the forum?

It would be really great if someone of them could actually answer to the threads that are being posted in the feedback-forum.

To the best of my knowledge the moderators are LL employees.  It's possible they are both moderators and Lindens.  In fact some Lindens are moderators.  You can see this for yourself by doing an advanced forum search for 'moderator' after selecting 'Rank' in the 'Find Results in' box.

Clearly the moderators look at the feedback section.  They regularly moved threads to and from it.

Now to your point on answering.  There are some recent threads that asked simple questions.  Questions you might think a moderator could easily answer.  Yet they remain unanswered by a LL employee.   It is a puzzle why. Still some threads do receive a reply from the LL.  Here is a link to one less than two years old:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Defining-Griefing-In-The-Forums/td-p/1229167/page/2

You can also find a Linden reponse by searching for "Where is Torley"

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Clearly the moderators look at the feedback section.  They regularly moved threads to and from it.

Some or all the result of those threads being RICed, no doubt. I've RICed a few myself.

Still some threads do receive a reply from the LL.  Here is a link to one less than two years old:

Posts announcing that a thread is being locked count?

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Some or all the result of those threads being RICed, no doubt. I've RICed a few myself.

Still some threads do receive a reply from the LL.  Here is a link to one less than two years old:

Posts announcing that a thread is being locked count?

I've always assumed that the Mods read the threads that are RICed.  Perhaps you'd enjoy the "where is Torley" search I suggested.  Torley not only responds.  He appears to have Moderated (RICed?)  the thread himself.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

I've always assumed that the Mods read the threads that are RICed.  Perhaps you'd enjoy the "where is Torley" search I suggested.  Torley not only responds.  He appears to have Moderated (RICed?)  the thread himself.

I assume the mods read the threads that are RICed, as well, though sometimes I do wonder. :smileymad: Does that count as the "moderators look[ing] at the feedback section"?

A moderator or other LL employee could "look at" Forum Feedback all day. If it goes no further than that, what's the point?

Well, still no moderator here answering this or saying anything at all.

Seems like I need to start a thread in order to insult them, even if I don't mean these insults serious, it seems that this is the only way to get their attention!

CAPAL wrote:

Seems like I need to start a thread in order to insult them, even if I don't mean these insults serious, it seems that this is the only way to get their attention!

It is extremely rare for moderators to respond to being asked why a thread was deleted in a PM.  They never respond to that question on the public forums.  However expressing negative opinions about moderation, continual harping or demanding a response or insulting or expressing an intention to insult them will generally get a response in the form of a forum ban, no matter what your intention is.  You are treading on dangerous ground here.

CAPAL wrote:

Just been looking at your more recent thread, the enquiry about if there is a way of contacting moderators over a private message that you feel has inappropriate content.

Making posts like this one is not going to gain you any support from those who could help you. It does not smack of maturity.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3871 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.