How to report a private message

CAPAL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know that there is one.  

The fact that there's no clearly visible (or not that I can see) button to Report Inappropriate Content or to AR the sender, while there is a very big and obvious button to ignore him or her leads me to infer that LL expect people to take a certain course of action if bothered with unwanted messages.  

There isn't, as far as I know, a way of reporting a private message on the forums. If it had been inworld you could have used the inworld abuse report feature, but then still there would be no guarantee that LL would want to jump in and be your virtual guardian if they felt you could just ignore the abuser.

If you feel threatened in real life, and only then should it be a big enough issue for anyone to intervene, then you can go to your local law enforcement for assistance. Otherwise, just ignore the person completely.

(Also, if it is you that has received the message, realise that the abuser has now seen you are bothered by their mere words. Was it worth even starting a thread about?)

PM's are not moderated.  The community guidelines actually say to PM someone you have a dispute with

"Interpersonal Disputes or Personal Negative Commentary: If you have a personal disagreement, do not post about it on the Second Life community pages. Residents who have personal differences have other channels of communication available to them — private messaging in the forums, IM within Second Life, or chatting within Second Life."

If you didn't like what was sent to you, just look at the posters profile and hit the ignore button and you won't be bothered again with a PM from that person.  If they threatened you in RL then you can AR them but that is the extent of your options.

What exactly is it you expect of the moderators that you write "...so that a moderator can deal with that?"? Do you want his/her account banned?

Were you physically threatened? (if so, you have recourse...)

Was your PM a solicitation similar to the spam we receive on the forum?

Perhaps it was a response to a PM you initiated chastising the recipient, and you did not care for his/her response?

What is your expectation of the moderators in this matter?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.