Deleting threads

CAPAL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello LindenLabs and team members of the forum,

I would talk about one thing concerning the deletion of two threads of mine:

The first one was a general rant about that Mumbay spam (well, maybe the deletion was justified because it wasn't the best thread)

But the other one was a general collection thread about possible ideas to fight the spam (no idea why this one got deleted)

So, of course you can close and delete which threads you like, who am I to judge this? But it would be extremely nice to get at least a message from someone, which explains the reason for the deletion

Woot!!!  IBTL...haven't been able to say that in a long time :P

I know you're trying to help, but this has been going on for about 2 years now...nothings been done about it and nothing probably will be done about it, sadly.  We have all put suggestions out there over this time and it has fallen on deaf ears :(  You either have to put up with it and just scroll on by or do what some have done, and that is to abandon the forums.

Number One: No one at Linden Labs reads the forums.

Number Two: Moderators do things that no one that actually does read the forum understand, therefore no answer will be forthcoming.

Number Three: Allow me to pre-answer the question of why this thread was pulled... because, "Posts questioning a moderator’s decision," are not allowed according to the Community Guidelines.

Hope this helps ...Dres

Many months ago there was a user group for Community Tools.  You can find traces of it by searching for "Community Tools User Group" here in the forums.  At the user group meetings the issue of threads being deleted without notice was discussed.  At that time we were told that it wasn't possible to notify everyone who had a post deleted due to time constraints.  However anyone whose thread was deleted was to be told why.  From comments at the meetings it seemed that while that might have been a policy it wasn't consistently followed. 

Later on the forums were declared perfected, the meetings ended and the user group vanished.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

My memory may have shifted a few facts around or sumptin.

Here's a link to the death of the Community Tools User Group:

Mine hasn't and you're right... that's not what I meant.  I meant that it would just be too easy to ridicule the notion that all of a sudden the forum was perfect and, therefore, no further involvement was needed from the people that use it on a day to day basis.  Consider yourself spared from the tangent that I would likely have subsequently gone off on.

...Dres *bites his tongue*

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Number One: No one at Linden Labs reads the forums.

Number Two: Moderators do things that no one that actually does read the forum understand, therefore no answer will be forthcoming.

Number Three: Allow me to pre-answer the question of why this thread was pulled... because, "Posts questioning a moderator’s decision," are not allowed according to the Community Guidelines.

Hope this helps ...Dres

I posted in that thread, and it had nothing to do with questioning why the moderators deleted something, it simply asked, how can the spam be stopped, and asked for suggestions. So Number Three does not apply, or more to the point, is not why the thread was deleted.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.