Camera pointing up in the air

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I have been having an issue with my viewer, where I could get into mouse look, but as soon as I would do that - my camera would point straight up in the air and my avatar would be spinning around. This kept happening for the last couple of years irrespective of the viewer that I would use (Firestorm, LL etc.et). I have submitted support tickets with regards to this and was told that developers have been working to resolve this.  I have found a solution to this and have recreated the issue and the solution a number of times to make certain. 

This issue can be resolved by changing the DPI within the Windows Control Panel. The issue happens if I increase the DPI above the standard value of 96. To be certain that this was actually causing the issue, I reduced DPI to 96 and logged in and I can go into mouse look without facing any issues. On re logging I increased the DPI to 120 and then when I tried to go into mouse look, the Camera would point straight at the sky. I repeated the procedure a number of times and if I login with the DPI set to 96, I do not experience the issue that I have mentioned.

I am aware that there are others out there facing the same issue and hopefully this could help some of them. 

Best Regards,
Tika Tiponi.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.