What is your favorite location in Second Life?

Lexie Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

johnking_web.jpg

Well i'm Biased because i and my friends own our own island and love it more than any other place :-p

We've been working hard to make the island Escapades a fun place to explore. The island has many sides to it from a beach resort to a pirate village while high above the clouds are steampunk Sky Pirates.

Our latest work is the Goondocks Pirate Village. At it's centre is the John King Pirate Tavern containing the John King Experience recently an Editors choice in the SL destination guide.

And if you enjoy Escapades a lot, there is also options to rent cabins dotted about the island, so adventure can be on your doorstep :-)

Alpha Point! because unlike it's sister sim Omega point, it is unmolested and free of comercial characters (i.e. tons of Info signsm Vendors, Socializing ques, etc.)

It is a piece of art left up to the imagination and one can enter it undisturbed by immediate text stimulus. It is truly visual and contemplative. It's also the perfect sim for photographers too without any intrusion away from the subject at hand.

First choice would be my home which i share with me amazin wife after that would be our newest venture

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Wairbrow/96/77/95

very closely followed by exodus rock club where  i dj low lagg awesome mangement also any other venue featured in my pics except for one but there is astory behind it fav style venue one that allows u to be yourself and where u can socialize by typing sentences and one whose management dont change the rules best rile to use in my opinion is common sense :)somehere freqeunted by patrons who respect each other and allow everyone a more happy stay are normally best

So is the rule here that if you post a destination that is your favourite, or you feel is a cool place, if you are involved in it in any way, whether it is commercial or non-profit, that will be viewed as "advertising" and then be subject to an abuse report? I didn't see that this was a rule.

Unless a Linden has already selected it or suggests it be recommended it for Destinations on the sidebar?

Or how does the rule work?

I'm more than a little biased but I have to go with Doomed Ship.

It's huge, you can literally get lost for hours even tho it's only a single sim. There's multiple paths to get to any location and dozens of unique spots to find.

It's incredibly atmospheric, floors and walls creak. Metal stress whinges through the walls. Machinery thrums. It's probably the only sim with as much thought and effort put into sound design as an actual videogame.

It's interactive! Animated computer terminals will react to your touch, activation machinery, opening doors, clearing out flooded chambers. Some controls are even more detailed, with individual buttons that react and change when clicked. The control panel near the bridge entrance is a good example of that.

The whole build is about as close to walking out of SL and into a videogame as you can currently find in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.