Log-in Screen

Maitimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

From the KB about the Login screen ( http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Login_screen#How_can_I_visit_where_these_pictures_were_taken.3F ) ->

How can I visit where these pictures were taken?

As of this writing (2009-04-06), there aren't SLurls on the login screen. Torley explains related usability trickiness.

In the meantime with related intrigue, look at Torley's Flickr stream for OMG AWESOME ADVENTURES, where just about every pic has a "Visit..." link you can click on to teleport to... and keep reading.

Irene Muni wrote:

As of this writing (2009-04-06), there aren't
on the login screen.

In the meantime with related intrigue,
for
OMG AWESOME ADVENTURES
, where just about every pic has a "Visit..." link you can click on to teleport to... and keep reading.

Those are also very nice, but the login screen pictures don't appear to be in that collection.

• Lindens

Here's the word from the watermelon horse's mouth: first, Matty, thanks, I'm glad you like the pictures. I took them.

However, this was months ago — that set hasn't been updated since around last summer, and most of the places are gone :(, or ones that are still around have changed a lot. An exception... visit http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Verdigris/125/108/79 and compare to this shot.

As you may have seen, I continue to take pictures of many amazing Second Life locations, most of which are also in our Destination Guide.

Inside Linden Lab, there've been previous discussions about including teleport links with each picture, or integrating it with the Destination Guide closer, so you can click and visit. Some of you may go, "Ah, like some 3rd-party viewers currently do, right?" That's the general idea. However, I have no details on when this may happen. At this point it's still an idea that I think is worth revisiting. So, keep watching. :)

Torley Linden wrote:

Inside Linden Lab, there've been previous discussions about including teleport links with each picture, or integrating it with the Destination Guide closer, so you can click and visit. Some of you may go, "Ah, like some 3rd-party viewers currently do, right?" That's the general idea. However, I have no details on when this may happen. At this point it's still an idea that I think is worth revisiting. So, keep watching.
:)

Even if its technically a headache to include something like this in to the log in screen, would it be possible to have the name of the sim included in the pic? that way we could search for it at least

• Lindens

Colt, astute question. One I've thought about before. Here's another problem: some builds DO move or the region is renamed. And hardcoding the text would look ugly (since it's not going to scale smoothly). But it'd be better than nothing. Next time this topic comes up for discussion, I'm going to ask about this and other possibilities  — like a makeshift link to a Destination Guide category that DOES have names and links. That would fill a huge gap in answering mysteries.

I've heard the original "login screen" question 100+ times now, so clearly there's interest!

Torley Linden wrote:

Next time this topic comes up for discussion, I'm going to ask about this and other possibilities  — like a makeshift link to a Destination Guide category that DOES have names and links.

This would be a REALLY good solution.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.