Game sims

Katinka Baxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Katinka

I am sorry that you will not return to the forum anymore, as there are a lot of help to get here, and a lot of nice people who offers their sparetime to solve other residents problems...and often with huge patience, they repeat themselves time after time, when answering the same questions over and over again.

You felt a bad experience the first time you joined the forum, and I understand you well...But please try to also look at it this way: There has been a huge amount of threads about the new rules of skill gaming, and many have been repetitions of former questions. I think even the most understanding and kind helping people, can lose some of their patience once in a while...and I think, you just were in bad luck, that you took it personally.

So..please consider to participate again in forum, and you will get a totally different feeling about how people really like to help you, and be here for you, when ever you need help with something.

Katinka Baxton wrote:

Last night i posted something about the new rules on gaming in sl. I was adviced by LL to place my concerns here on Forum. That was my first and this will be my last post as some people replied rude and offensive

We don't know who at LL would have advised you to post your concerns here.

This Forum, while maintained by LL is almost 100% User to User with a extremely rare appearance by a Linden.

People disagreed with you.  I hope that is not how you define 'being rude and offensive.'

Perrie, are you sure that you and Katinka are talking about the same thread?

Or maybe you think that replies like: "...Ask a stupid question......."  or  "Say something intelligent and maybe we will take it seriously" or "Perhaps it's time you looked at yourself.  That's where three fingers  are pointing back towards." are a kind and serious way to meet a new friendly minded participant in this forum....Well, I admit that I don't.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/NEW-GAMING-GUIDELINES-HURTS-GAMING-SIMS/td-p/2824122

Muletta wrote:

Perrie, are you sure that you and Katinka are talking about the same thread?

Or maybe you think that replies like: "
...Ask a stupid question.......
"  or  "
Say something intelligent and maybe we will take it seriously" or "Perhaps it's time you looked at yourself.  That's where three fingers  are pointing back towards
." are a kind and serious way to meet a new friendly minded participant in this forum....Well, I admit that I don't.

I didn't go back to see exactly which Threads she was referring to but I was aware of the Threads.

I do appreciate that you provided a link to the thread you quoted so people can go and see for themselves exactly what I was responding to.

The OP came pronouncing 'doom and gloom,' stating that, "SL is going down :("

The OP also stated, "I am not a gambler, i just like play to play zyngo."

Now while I did not do a detailed search, a very brief search for "gaming sims" turned up around 70 locations.  And I'm sure if the demand is there we will see more added.  Regardless, that was seventy locations they could potentialy go to play.

While someone can be rude while being honest, I think in this case you are confusing the two.  I was honest.  If I was going to be rude I would have said something like, "Make sure the door doen't hit you on your way out."

I will grant that I have low tolerance for doom sayers.  They hurt more than they help by spreading their doom and gloom.  But my response in this case still was not rude.  Just very much to the point.

eta:formatting

Perrie, I do totally understand your “thing” about someone who is “dooming and glooming” – I sometimes also read things in here, that lights up my red grrrrrrrr-alert-buttons in my head.

But still…I think we sometimes need to consider the way, we show our honest opinions in this forum, specially to new participants…To give them a chance, before blowing them away. That is all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.