Destination Guide Maintenance and Rules

Ann Otoole

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since the Destination guide is part of the web site that happens to also be in the viewer I am assuming this is the correct place to pose this discussion.

Some locations in the Destination Guide no longer exist. How is this information to be reported to LL?

Some locations in the Destination Guide have issues that are a potential detriment to the community and especially to newer customers. How is this information to be reported to LL?

Thank you in advance.

I believe the "editor" of the destination guide does periodic checks to make sure all Destination Guide places are up and running smooth. Reason why I think this is the case is because I have a location in the Destination Guide and I noticed one day the Linden editor was at my sim. Not sure why else this Linden would be visiting?

If there is a few places that are no longer existing in the Destination Guide, this Linden has probably just not noticed it yet. There is a lot of locations for this one person to keep tabs on every spot. I'm sure they'll get to it sometime soon and do a little clean up :smileyvery-happy:

If you try to tp to many places listed in the guide you get an error saying this location is unavailable please try again later!

My shop and my club do this every time I have checked so far, so I tried other places and I would say over 50% of them are broken

Phoebe Avro

Cerise wrote:

How is this information to be reported to LL?

The contact information is in the
, they ask for email to editor@lindenlab.com.

Thanks.

This frequently violated rule made me chuckle:

•  Is the venue arrival experience free of unsolicited group invites, notecards and other inventory offers? These notifications are confusing to many new Residents, who are unfamiliar with how groups and inventory work in Second Life.

Ann Otoole wrote:

Cerise wrote:

How is this information to be reported to LL?

The contact information is in the
, they ask for email to editor@lindenlab.com.

Thanks.

This frequently violated rule made me chuckle:
  •  
    Is the venue arrival experience free of unsolicited group invites, notecards and other inventory offers? 
    These notifications are confusing to many new Residents, who are unfamiliar with how groups and inventory work in Second Life.

Most are on Basic and have no inventory ability too. We never bothered with join bots and notecard givers for the club. What does help is an audio file in the landing plot that explains where you are and what you can expect. We used that on a sim we did ages ago and it was great. 

• Community Manager

Hi everyone :)

I'm one of the editors at Linden Lab that works on the Destination Guide. To answer a few questions:

• We do a manual link integrity check about once a month of each listed location in the Destination Guide. It has been about five weeks since the last sweep and we are about 70% done with the current audit (which will be done tomorrow). Someone mentioned that about 50% of links are broken, but I only counted 17 in total so far ;)
  • I've found that many times venues go offline, but they also will move locations...so our audit will often include an updating of the SLurl link to the new, correct location. 
  • I'd agree that the manual integrity check is not the most efficient process and, as an editor, I've made a request internally at Linden Lab for development resources to better alert editors when a sim or parcel goes down. It would be great to be automatically notified or, better yet, have the venue automatically unpublish if it goes down so that there is never a time when a broken or misleading link is displayed to the public.
  • We do respond to any notifications about bad links fairly quickly by email (editor-at-lindenlab.com), so please shoot us a note if there are any known issues so we can follow up. There's also a "Report conent" link on the detail page for each venue's entry on the web version of the Destination Guide.
    report-link.jpg

• The upside of clicking and teleporting to 1,683 different locations in two days is that I get to see lots of cool places and I often discover new people and builds.
  • The downside is that my fingers are quite sore from all the clicking. ;)
  • @WADE1 - You probably did spot one of our editors on the case. (Well, there are really only a couple of us... LOL). Or, maybe we were just checking out your cool pets :)
  • @Ann and Argus - Your comments are definitely noted re: the Basic mode and the Destination Guide. I agree and hope to see some improvements on this soon so that those venues listed in Basic mode make better sense in the context of the Basic mode experience.
  • @Phoebe - I just checked your venue on two different viewers and confirmed that the link is working. Not sure why you are getting an error - can you email me brett-at-lindenlab.com so that I can work with you directly to troubleshoot.
  • If anyone wants to chat about any of the above or just to offer their ideas and feedback, I encourage you to attend the upcoming Events User Group meeting, held next Thursday (5/5) at 2 p.m. (Pacific). I've attended the last two User Group meetings and the Destination Guide is often one of the hot topics. The meeting is at: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hanley/159/209/27 and there is a wiki page where anyone can add items to the agenda at: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Events_User_Group

• 1 year later...

for whom who might help me

i tryied to send many emails to editor@lindenlab to change or at least cancel existing destination in whom goes to my old land and it now it used for someone else than me who applied for the destination

my reguest for destination had  approved for Double destinations ( 2 of them ) but for the wrong place

after alot of trys with email to editor , he change one of them and didnt take no action for the ather

can anyone help me what to do!!

the destination is

http://secondlife.com/destination/santorini-club1 seem to go to the wrong place (Moonlight (251, 8, 22) ( wrong place )

for this destnation it working fine

http://secondlife.com/destination/santorini 

i would really appriciate if someone can help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.