Child Friendly Communities

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's often wise to reinforce that you're discussing "child avatars" and not "children" when posting messages to the community at large.  At the same time, it's reasonable for the community at large to understand that the child avatar community is in general a regressive roleplay community of legal adults engaging in youthful situations. (^_^)

Of course, your mileage may vary.  Intolerance is rarely tough to find on the internet. (^_^)

That said, don't forget there's a Second Life Children group available inworld which is a great resource for child AVs to communicate and discover what's to be found. (^_^)y

I am aware of the fact that in order for one to play on second life that they have to be at least 16 years old or older.  To rephrase it, I should maybe say like roleplaying communities where adults can act like children and be children avatars.

Also I took a look at the Second Life Childhood Network and it hasn't been updated since January 2, 2011.

Mitchell Indigo wrote:

I am aware of the fact that in order for one to play on second life that they have to be at least 16 years old or older.  To rephrase it, I should maybe say like roleplaying communities where adults can act like children and be children avatars.

Also I took a look at the Second Life Childhood Network and it hasn't been updated since January 2, 2011.

Best bet then...do a search inworld on "child" or "teen" or similar words. Jan 2nd wasn't that long ago, so i'd bet that database is pretty up to date, however, the inworld search should yield more recent hits as well. 

Sorry I can't be more help than that, I don't RP a kid, so my personal experience is limited. 

Good luck! Cheers! 

Our roleplay sim is suitable for both kind of children, avatar and RL, although of course real kids under 16 are not allowed in SL.

We are a 1920s city, people live here, daily life goes on.

We have a school, streets to explore, a park, station with train that goes around the sim, etc, etc.

Just daily life from a time when kids ruled the streets.

As long as you dont cam into other peoples houses or into that backroom of the bookshop, you will not be confronted with adult material.

Besides avoiding adult material, kids are welcome to roleplay in our sim as long as they act realistically like kids.

Walk around, play in the street, sneak into the cinema, go to school, have adventures with friends, break into that old burned house, buy candy, etc, etc.

66610_157130664327153_100000906607994_287679_2399297_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is no community attached to it as such so if you mean that, sorry for posting here. (Can we erase later?) 

But if you meant child avatar-friendly land, anything I own is, technically - it's all a safe zone. I just don't tolerate any type of avatar-based harassment.

And then there's the big park and playground. It's in my picks. I hate to mention it but I also hate to see people floundering to find a place where they won't be harassed. 

Robin Sojourner Wood's sim is also really nice and a nice place to hang out for anybody. I'm drawing a blank on sim names today. I'm running on fizzled-out Pepsi. Lol

Willowdale had a field trip to the park one day and they seemed like lovely people to a person. You couldn't go wrong joining there if you want a community I think.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.