pixeled grafics for tattoo

kerashusani

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there :)

I've designed a set of tattoos, and now wanted to bring them in on SL. I've Uploaded the PNG files, and can add them to the tatto layer, but no matter how small i create my art, the outcome always looks totaly blurry or pixeled.

Is there a neat trick I am missing to get my nice and fine textures on my body skins? O.o

Body-tight layered textures such as tattoos are always going to be downsampled to 512 x 512 pixels; you can upload them at up to 1024 x 1024, and will be able to view them at that resolution... but the moment you apply them as body layer textures, they're effectively downsized to 512 x 512 in the internal avatar baking engine. The most you can do to compensate for this is to design your tattoo from scratch with that limitation in view (i.e. actually creating your tattoo, in Photoshop or wahtever, using that resolution), or at least prevent the SL engine from doing that further downsampling by its own means (i.e. working in Photoshop at whatever higher resolution you please, but downsizing to 512 x 512 using the best resampling algorithm, such as Bicubic, and even applying some mild Smart Sharpen afterwards to increase the perceived detail of the result, before exporting that to the PNG you'll upload to SL).

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.