mesh head and body

Charli Infinity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I believe that the statistic is about 10% of all of SL is even aware of mesh bodies, and that includes the ones that use mesh avis like furries/lycans/etc. A lot depends on where you shop and hand out. As for the heads, the percentage of those using them is even lower since most don't want to give up their individual faces. The appliers you see around are a response to customer requests. The more popular skin makers, for instance, are more likely to have the appliers because their customer base wants them.

The Slink hands and feet are probably the most common female mesh attachment with the shoe designers responding to that  market. There have been prim/sculpted/mesh feet included with shoes before this but Slink took it to the next level by providing a standart foot in 3 heights that the designers could use rather than have to make their own. It also helped standaradization for the skin makers.

• Like 1

One hundred percent of avatars wear mesh bodies and heads, because the legacy avatar is mesh too.:smileywink:

I doubt there will ever be a time where nearly everyone wears them.  

1. I personally don't want to look like thousands of other people
  2. They really limit what clothes you can wear with them.  You're stuck with appliers, which are basically like system layer clothes and a step backward IMO, or a limited selection of mesh. 

Heads? Not by far. Rough estimate, less than 1% of active shoppers use them. As much as I support mesh bodypart replacers I don't own any mesh heads, because none of them are customizable. The day that morph points are added for the head (like nose, eyes, mouth etc, which makes fitted mesh heads possible) is the day I start using mesh head replacers.

Body? Yeah it's becoming highly popular. At least 1/3 of the people I see while shopping (uglies excluded) has one of the 4 major bodies (Slink, Maitreya, TMP, Belleza). You can mod every shape slider on mesh body so I rarely had any trouble fitting into mesh clothes. The rest of the people use mesh leg/butt replacers.

Of course it depends on where you hang out. If you hang out at some super dated place where 90% of the people look like they just exited newb island then yeah... not gonna find much people wearing mesh body replacers.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.