how much do designers charge for custom made outfits?

LunaDanez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

well your question in your title is different than what you ask in your post then.

in your tille you ask how much do designers charge for custom made outfit and i would answer to you that it really depend to the range of price the designer use to do, to the kind of order that is done, and prob other lil parameters. 

for your second question, how much pp are ready to pay for a custom made outfits, it depend about they budget and prob about their knowledge about price range for the kind of item they are ordering.

but your question is not enought precise for having a precise answer :smileyhappy:

and since its custom order, i guess the price would be customized too hehheeheh

LunaDanez wrote:

i was jsut wondering how muchpeople are willing to pay for custom made items?

I used to be a custom designer (my new year resolution was to stop)... so I might be able to answer you.

Ppl are somewhat willing to spend a lot on custom items, but not many are willing to make them... I can only tell from my own experience, but the price varys very much..  I used to tell my customers, show me what it is you want (pictures) and explain as detailed as possible, and then, but first then I will give you a price..

My prices were set from how long it would take me to make it and how difficult it was going to be + what permissions it needed. I always tried to keep the price as low as possible, since I did it because I loved doing it and not to earn by it.. There is also a huge difference in price depending on the permissions.. a skin from me could cost 2000 with copy/mod permission, but with full permission it could be a high as 8000 for the exact same skin.. (just a example).

I have never had a customer that refused to pay the price I gave them.. But with me it is all or nothing, it is okay to ask for a lower price and I have always done it in such way, if it took less time to make than I thought when I gave the price, then I would cut of on the price. fair is fair.. *smiles

I had to stop making custom items. at first I could not understand there was so few designers that did it.. but now I do.. it is extremly timeconsuming, it does not pay of in the end, and it has been bad for my own shop because I did spend most my time on custom items. I love making custom items thou, but had to make the choice to put my shop first...

I dont know if I answered your question, I hope I did somewhat.. unfortunally english is not my first languid so sometimes I do not put the words right. Our website explains more about it. if you want to know more. (= click my banner and go to custom skins)

If you look for someone to make something custommade then I do wish you all the best of luck... start serching for it long before you need it, If you plan to become a custom designers then I wish you welcome with open arms.. You are always welcome to msg me if you run into questions about it.. Custom designers is a very rare breed, and is not easy to find..

Blessings

Lis / madam Martian

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Falln Angel designs charges 10,000L for a custom made outfit. Well worth the cost IMHO.

I know this is off topic but I have to ask.. What does IMHO mean?

IMHO = in My Honnest Opinion.. or smth like this.. at least, its what has been told to me :smileywink: Im not native english speaker 

Greetings,

The last custom outfit I did cost the lady $30,000 linden.  It was a special wedding gown for a long time customer who knows I'm not cheap about custom work.  I have done full perm custom work for 10-20k lindens, depending on what is wanted and the timeline involved.  On occasion, I've done things for less, but again it depends on the customer, the permissions desired, and what I can reasonably charge.  This is my time and skill, and I usually cannot expect to make any further profit from that work, so if I don't charge for it upfront, it's a loss.

Having said that, I rarely accept custom work anymore because it takes time from designing for my shop, as has been mentioned. 

How much could YOU charge as a designer?  Depends on your skill, your style, your experience and your reputation.  For a really good article to read for any artist designer, in any world, take a peek at this one:  http://theabundantartist.com/5-art-pricing-lessons/

Cordially yours,

Kembri Tomsen

• 1 month later...

it really depends on what you are looking for. The few designers i know who are doing custom rigged mesh clothing for example charge between $130 to $150 US an item (they only sell full perm and include the dae files).

But you can always find someone willing to do it cheap.... that said one well known designer purchased cheap mesh 'custom' items only to find they were from renderosity.... so buyer be warned and all that

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.