Honored Resident
Miele Tarantal
0 Kudos

anyone making skirts like these inworld?

I am *in love* with the skirts in this rl Armani gallery:

http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/spring-summer-2012/couture/giorgio-armani-prive

Is anyone making skirts like this inworld? I'm finding pencil skirts but mostly in leather, cotton and muslin...

Re: anyone making skirts like these inworld?

Reply to Miele Tarantal - view message

Have not seen any and not sure you will. The design of those is pretty distinctive. To copy them would be a violation of the designers IP rights.

They are great skirts though.  I love the lime green one, which is my favite summer color. :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
Honored Resident
Miele Tarantal
0 Kudos

Reply to Amethyst Jetaime - view message

Thanks Amethyst... that did cross my mind! Ooo I wish I wish though :smileyvery-happy: They are my favorite clothing item of any in the shows... the texture and shape, the silkyness...  and the lime green is my favorite too! I also love that juicy papaya orange that seems to be a trend... really lovely!

Tiffy Vella
0 Kudos

Such gorgeous fabrics and delicious colours...I'd like them in all universes. (It's probably not going to happen however. I have Armani taste and a Target budget.)

Visit Eclectica-Jewellery and Accoutrements Inworld or my blog or the Marketplace
Honored Resident
Miele Tarantal
0 Kudos

Reply to Tiffy Vella - view message

Ah I know what you mean... it's either feast or famine with me! Well - there's enough terrific stuff inworld to keep me pretty happy... but gahhh I have a crush on these skirts :smileyvery-happy: LOL

Nefertiti Nefarious

very pretty skirts.

And, BTW, fashion can't  be copyrighted.  So if you can do mesh, go ahead and make some. 

Buy my stuff! https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/9529
Ariel Vuissent
0 Kudos

Reply to Nefertiti Nefarious - view message

Copyright is not the only kind of intellectual property protection out there. Those designs are still someone else's intellectual property, and it's still not permissable to make copies of them - in any universe. IP is often not as rigorously pursued in the fashion industry as it is in other industries, such as music and film, but it still exists.

"I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!" --Lewis Carroll , "Alice in Wonderland"

Pussycat Catnap
Topics: 70
0 Kudos

I've seen plenty of dress suit skirts - but nothing in that material and color.

That said, were you to just buy the template for dress suits; you could make decently close yourself:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Fullperm-Mesh-Templates-Pencil-Skirt-Regular/2614476

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Fullperm-Mesh-Template-Pencil-Skirt-Relaxed/2637836

Self interest & greed are the roots of evil.
The gift of Jah is eternal life. - Romans 6:23
Equal Rights and Justice, these are not just words but great and noble conceptions. No prejudice, no discrimination. - Lutan Fyah
Getting started in Second Life | Getting good Body Proportions in SL | Rasta Music | Gallery
Honored Resident
JamseL
0 Kudos

just search on google , maybe you have to give the example first