adding an emblem to a full perm mesh jacket?

Tenly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I purchase full perm mesh leather jacket and have used it for some basic colors. Now I want to add an emblem to the back but the shadow maps or whatever you want to call them splt down the middle of the back. so, no matter how I tried to line up an image it doesnt match across the back when the jacket textures are reapplied inworld.

I have all the stuff to import the mesh into some program but Ive still got no idea what program I might use or if its even possible to place an image on mesh even if I did import it into some application.

clueless. and dont know where to start.

Unless you have the obj. file a 3D program that allows texturing won't help.

If the texture border is right in the middle of the back you will need to split the emblem precisely and put it so the middle is on the border of the texture for the back.  If the texture includes a margin that doesn't show you may need to leave space.  You probably will need to upload , test, adjust a number of times to get it right.

My suggestion is to get a texture grid texture consisting of small numbered blocks and put it on the jacket to see exactly where each side of the emblem should be placed and how the mesh distorts the texture, which it probabably will.  Then you will need to use the same grid in your graphics program as a guide to placement of the emblem on the texture, and also to help you distort the emblem on the texture so it doesn't appear distorted on the jacket.

A tedious process but doable. I've done it before with success.

Hi :)

Tenly wrote:

I have all the stuff to import the mesh into some program but Ive still got no idea what program I might use or if its even possible to place an image on mesh even if I did import it into some application.

clueless. and dont know where to start.

Just to show you it is possible ....    http://www.blendtuts.com/quick_projection

will put your emblem directly onto the mesh and into the UV map but if you have never used Blender before its probably easier for you to do as Amethysts suggested. If you google "UV grid texture" you will find lots of numberd /coloured grids to choose from .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.