What hair colours do you look for when buying hair?

Emmerald Clarity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to know what kind of hair colours you look for when buying hair?

Do you like lots of shades of your hair colour?

Do you like lots of non-natural colours such as pinks/purples/blues etc...?

What about the trend of ombre effect hair?

Do you think hair designers are providing enough options?

Looking forward to your answers :D

Emmerald :heart:

Interesting question posed here.. I have pretty much always worn black, or silver .. and avoided mesh hair like the plague when it first came out so any hiar maker that was making onlly mesh even if they were my fav.  once they stopped making flexi I lost interest.  But having said that, recently I have discovered some very talented mesh hair makers,  and I have taken the plunge into mesh hair.  

As for colours, well I have been experimenting with various options, including the ombre look with non natural colours.  Here is what I look for..  1. a good fit I refuse to alter my facial appearance to wear any hair ( a few size options on rigged mesh hair would help)   2.  As for colours I look for good shading and realistic detail even if the hair is blue or pink..  black seems to be the hardest to find these days that looks good, most of it is has little highlight and very little detail  or has a brown hue to it, so I will pass those over.  3. For colour choice I look for  hud based with low script count (essential) and a variety of blending colours to play with.  Last few days I have bought the same hair style in 2 hud colour choices, one natural and one kind of fantasy.  3. The style if it does not flatter my face or is too severe or too atrsy or geometric I won't even look at it twice. 

Final comment is that colour choice is nice for sure but the quality of the texture is by far more important if it looks like I am wearing feathers or a football helmet .. forget it lol. 

Hi Emmerald,

i agree with alot of what Tazzi said : )

for me i go for mostly natural colors, and roots look.....and although i have a few mesh hair styles.....i really prefer ones that move. I do have a few of most all colors, and if i find a style i really like i will buy more colors or the fat pack.....i do like the packs that some creators make that have several basic colors in one pack, (ie: mini fat pack).

Have a great day,

Josephine

I usually go for a "naturals" or "essentials" pack if available. One that includes one or two shades of each natural color (for example, a platinum blonde, a dirty blonde, a light brown, a dark brown, a light red, a dark red, and a black). If there are no naturals packs available, I find I have a hard time deciding which other one to buy. I mainly want the platinum blonde and black to be in the same pack so if that's there that's what I'll buy. If they aren't I'll just buy the blacks but I hate buying single color packs because I don't need or want 5 shades of black. If I'm absolutely in love with the hair I'll also buy the blondes but again I hate having to shell out another 250L on average for just one more color.

I really dislike when designers won't do a naturals/essentials pack. Or if when they do, it's twice the price as the others (note to designers: Unless there's twice the number of colors in said pack, please don't make it more expensive).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.