What I'd like to see from Mesh body parts creators.

Bobbie Faulds

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As a clothing/appliers creator, I have a suggestion for the creators of the parts. It would be lovely if you created a designer demo...complete with revolving sign or something obnoxious like that, that the appliers would work on. My funds are limitied and upload fees add up. Having to purchase the various parts to try out the appliers and be sure they work properly gets expensive very quickly. With the sign on it so it couldn't realisticaly be worn would solve the problem of trying to get something for free but would also allow designers to have a working model to use. Demos don't usually allow the appliers to work on then, for obvious reasons.

Just a thought.

• 1 month later...

Without purchasing the full version, how would you make your vendor ads for the appliers?

Also, I think it would just be nice if they included a non-scripted but modifiable version with a sign or whatever on it in the creator kits (that are included with all full versions, other than slink and TMP stuff) so that we can just toss our (local/non-uploaded) textures on them to test them before uploading. Granted there are things out there made by other devs that will give you a temporary UUID for your local texture to test your applier, but I really wish that wasn't necessary. 

I also create clothing for ladies in SL,  and I did buy one of the most popular breast body parts for the purpose of offering appliers for tops of dresses etc. for those customers who use those body parts.

Although I have no desire for huge breasts,  I did try to wear it on myself first to see how it worked of course..  After more that three attempts,  approx 3 hrs of work,  and even after purchasing the colour applier to match my skin up..  I never got it to match acceptably,  there was always a very noticable line where the mesh part met my body and there was no way I could avoid that unless I wanted to use the mesh breast part at full size which is way too huge.  The moment I tried reducing the size the struggle to blend the skin became more and more difficult till I finally gave up.  

Then when I tried to make some top appliers for these things to go with my designs I was even more dismayed,  they never flowed well with the dress..  So in the end I gave up even trying to provide them.. for customers.  

I don't know what the solution is but I am not about to put a design out that looks like it has a pasted on front..  might as well put rivets on it !  And I am not about to put out a product that doesn't blend well.

Just saying!

For the appliers, be sure you are using the rotations part on the notecard that you use the full top UUID with...the same one you use to make the system layers with.

As for ad pictures, when you make as many different appliers as I do, you make an ad picture with the outfit, not one with every single applier. I need the part so I can test to be sure that the applier works. I can take the add with just the system body, even, though I wear the Slink Physique and use that in the add photos.

Oh I have messed with those mesh boobs for endless periods of time followed note card instructions to the T,  got the right skin match which cost me extra as well..  done everything concievable;  and no way wlll those things match up perfectly..  yes I said perfectly!  I am not about to walk around or take a pic to display one of my outfits wearing the mesh boobs and applier, if it isn't perfecttly matching and natural..  No lines or sudden shade changes..  I suppose if you are using a rather one tone skin it might work but mine is very shaded so even using the right assistance from my own skin maker,,  if i want smaller boobs than full sized,  there is NO WAY to match!  period..  and that's the bottom line..  I plain gave up on the whole idea..  I will just have to make clothes for ladies who don't wear mesh add on parts.  And I am no novice either;  well skilled in photoshop,  blending colours,  matching things.. so when I say I have issues I can imagine those who are not so skilled.   And actually I have seen them walking around out there too..  ewww. 

• 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.