Shirt rating?

SergeantSalt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

SergeantSalt wrote:

Hey guys, today I made my first shirt and I need some opinion on it. Bear in mind this is the first...thing I have ever made for Second Life. (Beginner)

I would really appreciate it if you could judge it and tell me what to improve, or what to change. THANKS!

Image of shirt:

KSD6bpO.png

">http://i.imgur.com/KSD6bpO.png
[/img]

Zero... Trademarked and copyrighted image... Nike would have a field day..

ETA: Why is it people feel the need to remake everything they see in RL for SL without a care for the law or LL TOS?

Branding Guidelines

Branded items may be listed or sold only by the brand or intellectual property owner or its authorized agents. A "branded item" is an item that:

• contains or uses a brand name or logo;
  • replicates or closely imitates the appearance of a real-world physical product of a brand owner (for example, items that replicate the appearance of brands of cars, jewelry, or shoes that are available in the real world);
  • replicates or closely imitates the appearance of a celebrity, famous person, or fictional character from a copyrighted work (for example, avatars that replicate the appearance of movie stars or characters from a book, film, television program, or game); or
  • replicates or uses an artistic or creative work that is the subject of copyright (for example, virtual artwork that replicates artwork available in the real world or a sound clip that includes part of a song recording).
  • Like 1

You only have the front done there so you need to add the back.

The graphic is probably too big and will distort round the chest.

you need to work on the wrinkles they are too contrasty.

You can never really tell what it is going to look like until you upload it and put it on. You will want to do that on the beta grid so that you are not paying 10Ls a texture. Do loads of them.

Drake's right.  If you set that design loose in the world, you'll get a DMCA complaint from Nike for a IP violation, or LL will just pull it from Marketplace.

If you want to make other designs, be sure to do your Photoshop or GIMP work at high resolution (1024 x 1024 px or 2048 x 2048 px) and then reduce it to 512 x 512 px before you upload to SL so that you don't get all those jaggy edges in your final texture.  Then follow Ohjiro's advice and make your design small enough that it stays away from the troublesome stretchy areas on the av midsection and shoulders.

You can either work on the Aditi grid to save L$10 upload fees while you are testing or (easier) use the Local Textures option. 

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.