Severely frustrating problem with shoes.

BritneyCordova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm having a problem with most footwear, I'm not sure how to explain it so I'll show you:

Example

When I'm wearing / attaching shoes with the alpha layer, for some reason there's a huge transparent gap. I tried editing them which hid the problem to a certain degree, but when my avatar is walking or posing, it looks like her ankles have been sliced off.

I'm fairly new to SL so I don't understand everything yet, but this shouldn't be happening, right? It's not just these heels either, it's most of the shoes I've bought.

Could someone help me out? I'd appreciate it..

My only thought is that your shoes may be attached to the FEET (an obvious choice but not right LOL) when they should be attached to the lower legs.

Now "you" may have done this or a new shoe designer may have done this. Those are obviously older style template shoes so it "could" be the fault of the designer. I suggest you try on some DEMO shoes from one of the top shops. These will be mesh and look REALLY GOOD in the photos LOL.

You don't need to BUY those high end shoes, but that may tell you if it is really a problem with your avatar (honestly I can't think of what that might be) or an issue with the shoes.

Normally you would just choose WEAR for these shoes and they should attach more or less correctly. I have tried some freebie type shoes (hunts and such) that never would actually FIT, but they never did what you are showing.

Look and see WHERE the shoes are attached (it will tell you that in your inventory pane). That's a first step. Good luck.

• Like 1

I would recommend using the option to ADD. Right click and choose ADD.

If you choose to attach to an area on your avatar that is not the default attachment, it may not attach properly. That is what I see in the pic.

AND If you choose to WEAR, it may replace other objects on your avatar that are attached to that default location.

So, the best thing is to choose to ADD. After you do that, you may have to edit the object. Either by moving it up or down, left or right, or changing the size.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.