Mesh Boobs

Destinii Demina

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 1 year later...

I was just to post a topic like this LOL, I'm a skin creator, I personally don't like those big boobs, but my customers keeps asking me about appliers and well, I have to do something to please them. BTW, If I buy boobs they would include instructions to make appliers right? ok... so if I make appliers based on some boobs brand they will fit well in another brands boobs? my english is not that good, but you got the idea?

While vStrings is much better for the end user, and has a much nicer HUD, it appears its applier doesn't work with Lolas yet, or... I couldn't figure it out. So ignore what I wrote here for now...

I strongly suggest NOT buying the Lolas brand one, if its the developer kit you want.

Buy the cheaper vString fitted mesh ones (1000L). It has a developer kit as well, that works with ALL applier brands, and has a HUD that includes position and sizing buttons so your customers can 'tweak' the results to fit their avatar if it doesn't come out right.

--------------

This part works for any applier system:

To make them is super simple.

Take a developer kit and edit it, inside is some kind of config notecard. In there will be a line to put a UUID. Put in there the UUID of your skin's upper body texture. Save it, make the notecard no-mod (so people can't read your UUID), and then give out the applier to your customers.

--------------

For the vString applier they make it easy to also say what layer to apply to - skin, bikini, dress, nips, etc... (the Lola one does this but by putting in numbers somewhere I think).

Just make sure you get the FITTED MESH vString, on the left side by the door of their shop, and not one of their many older products. The FITTED mesh one is the one with the right developer kit.

(They sell two fitted mesh 'boob' products, one for 'giant size' and one for 'natural size'. Either will do if you just want the dev kit, but the natural one might be better as your texture won't be as stretched and probably easier to visually adjust).

• Like 1

Well I got vString's HUD to apply any skin I had the UUID for to the vStrings, but I couldn't get it to apply to my Lolas.

By contrast my Lola's applier lacks many of the vString's options - but it applied its skin to either my vString or Lolas bosoms...

So... I have to flip my recommendation for now...

Which is really frustrating - from a user point of view the vString AND its applier HUD is so much better. But I can't get it to change the skin on a lolas breast set - and those are pretty common...

Since the Lolas appliers work with almost everyone - if you're ONLY a developer, get their kit. Its 1700L...

Hopefully this will change soon, or Lolas will be fitted mesh someday.

Yes-ish. :)

The Lolas will have one prim in it that says something like developer's kit. You rez that kit and it has some notecards, some sample appliers that are full perms, and some instructions.

My earlier comment to edit the notecard in one of those and add the UUID, then set that notecard to no-modify still applies.

- Yes you can sell or give out this applier. That's on you to decide if your customers will pay for it as an added item or expect it free with the skin (I see about a 50/50 split from the skin shops I've been in on this).

As of this week, I've now seen three of Lolas competitors move to fitted mesh - so Lolas might not be around much longer as a major brand - but their applier seems to have become standard... It might soon be that the only people buying them are people needing their developer kit - until somebody else also makes a kit that can work with any brand.

Hands and Feet - more complex. I don't know. I'm NOT a skin developer so I lack Slink's skin developer kit as they make you ask for it and get approved.

Butts... I dunno. Phat Azz seems to have been pulled from the market. Either they will be back soon or some competitor will take over... Its a product I lack on my alt as... I've not found a use for it. My alt is a faun for the bosom made sense.

Hopefully someone else will be able to answer those questions for you.

• Like 1

First of all, thanks for all your help.

I bought the lolas and now I'm trying to make an applier, but something weird happens once I wear the applier. It disappears in just a couple of seconds, I'm not even able to click on it, what am I doing wrong? I'm trying to follow every single step in the instructions notecard, but the applier just keep disappearing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.