Mens Fashion

SuicideBomber

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dear Suicide,

"Male fashion" is a big understand. However there is one big call on this subject: male fashion is one of the least exploited areas of SL marketplace. Most clothing for male residents apply to themes, mainly biker/grunge and so forth. Only a rare few fashion boutiques try to pioneer in the fashionate world of male avatars. Male fashion is a very disappointing factor of SL, at least for me, and it has tempted me to create a female avatar just for the fun of customizing my character in-world.

Mesh is great, but only if it's done properly. In the past I have bought products that came in 8 different sizes ranging from XXXS to XXXL, all great. But they designed the mesh in a way it would never fit my avatar. I had to purchase some weird body piece to cover up from pants to navel. Simply because it was created with a female bodyshape in mind. This particular boutique existed of 99% female clothes, and this was probably an experiment to them. An experiment costing me L$2.999. The details were great but just poorly suited. I've published a blog about the lack of male fashion a while ago.

Anyways, I think I like to pay around 200-600L$ max. Those are purchases I make with ease. Purchases from above 600L$ would go under a microscope and only be bought if they are something I really want badly. That may just be me being a cheapskate. But I know from my fellow Dutchmen they feel the same. It is all about your targets, product features and quality.

Stef.

I see nothing particularly wrong with either prices or the systems employed; both already cover more than enough range. It's the availability as compared to women's fashion that should ideally expand, but of course that takes us right back to many creator's counterargument that they don't bother because men are a much smaller clientele. I happen to think it's a bit of a vicious-circle argument, because even if it's true to some extent, it's also true that a much narrower offer makes it more difficult for many men to find exactly what they want.

As a whole, though, I think the market balances itself naturally.

Ren Toxx wrote:

I see nothing particularly wrong with either prices or the systems employed; both already cover more than enough range. It's the availability as compared to women's fashion that should ideally expand, but of course that takes us right back to many creator's counterargument that they don't bother because men are a much smaller clientele. I happen to think it's a bit of a vicious-circle argument, because even if it's true to some extent, it's also true that a much narrower offer makes it more difficult for many men to find exactly what they want.

As a whole, though, I think the market balances itself naturally.

I agree with the fact the market for female avatar has more conversion juice. It's merely out of business perspective there is hardly any stores that offer male clothing on subjects of normal fashion, instead of leather and so forth extreme topics. It's business, but unfair.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.