Making an outfit, I need some help!

Rose Bomse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK, I promised my niece & nephew I would make an outfit here on Second Life (It would take awhile to explain everything) but I'm having problems when using the textures, how do I put the side of an shirt in? Since it's includes and halterneck waistcoat & has straps along the sides, I need to put the sides in to, but I don't know how using the pictures you use to make shirts to put the sides on.

I hope that make's sense, because it confused me :P

Hi Rose..until someone who knows more about this than me comes along, i'll get the ball rolling..

I assume that when you say "the pictures you use" , you mean that you are drawing your clothing textures over the UV maps of the SL avatar body...So for the halter neck top, you would be using the upper body map. You will notice it has two parts..the front and back. This is the same with the lower body and skirt layer. There are no sides. Imagine that what you have are two sections (front and back) that wrap around the avatar body, and meet at the sides. Where each of the UV lines is is actually a fold, and each clear section between is a flat plane.

There is a free downloadable tool that will help you view your progress...let me go find the link.....Mermaid diaries will help...and here is Natalias page about clothing texture previewers here

er..mash is sort of the word...Natalia gives a link for avpainter which will help you paint over the side seams (I have not tried this myself; only ever done it manually). But in my experience you line the pattern up using the coloured UV lines as a rough guide, then eyeball the finer details in.

There is a freebie tool that lets you view your progress on a 3d SL avatar on your pc (the SLCP which I sent  alink to) but you should use a viewer that allows free temporary texture uploads (like phoenix). This means that you can keep on checking what the texture looks like without paying the constant $L10 upload charge.

Damn.,..where are all the experts on this...Im a prim maker..I'm drowning here...taps mic...lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.