Lola Tangos Texture/Alpha Glitch Conflict

StriveDesigns

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I'm a fairly new creator who is a Lola Tangos virgin! I just bought a pair today to learn to make the top appliers to add to my clothing creations. The problem is I am seeing holes, gaps, transparency from the side view. I'm not sure others see it but on my end I can and it's drving me nuts not to mention makes it very hard to apply a top texture when I can see this ... needless to say, I have no idea what is causing it.

I normally use Singularity as my viewer I work with and I thought this issue was probably a viewer glitch, so I relogged on with Firestorm and the problem still persists.

I'm sure it's probably a graphics setting on my end, but I have no idea what or how to fix it so any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've attached picture links for preview clarification (may need to log in to see them)

Lola Texture Glitch Front View

Lola Texture Glitch Front/Side View

Lola Texture Glitch Side View

Thanks in advance for any input!

-Strive

OMG! Thank you so much Sinister! That is EXACTLY what it was! You're a genius and I never imagined it was the texture itself causing the problem!

I am eternally grateful to you that you not only took the time to read it but to reply to plea for help!

Thanks Again! *hugz

- Strive

Another lossless format is TGA. Save just as a 24 bits TGA and the alpha channel, what might be in the image, will not be saved.

It's always good to use either PNG or TGA.
Lossy JPG format should be avoided as there is always some loss in detail.
(Using JPG, there will be actually two times compression and thus loss of detail: first in saving to JPG, and then at upload as the file will be converted to JPEG2000 format what SL uses internally.)

PNG if you need it can be saved also without the alpha. it always depend on how you make it.

if you'r e in photoshop don't hit file-->save as png.

Do instead file --> save for web and devices

From the new window that willopen that window yo can also pick png 24 and yo see there is a box to untick where it'd say you " transparency" just untick it. So you can get also better resolutions textures in png without the alpha iussue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.