Is it possible to use PS Elements?

MysticDraggy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm wondering if it is possible to design with Photoshop Elements?  So far I was doing great up until I hit the point to use a 'pen' to delete some stuff.  I think I can do a work around using shapes, but not sure I'll run into another snag or not.

Thanks!

MysticDraggy

Very possible for 2D (textures and clothing layers). Elements is a pretty capable bit of kit. For me it keeps up with Gimp, but provides a more useful and familiar UI. I like having familiar Filters, too. If you're new to Photoshop as a whole, I do recommend you take a look at Gimp to compare.

PS Elements doesn't support Layer Effects such as Glow/Shadow/Emboss, but you can fake those given another 10 minutes of work.

Only downside is Elements lack of support of the .TGA  file format. This can make it difficult pulling textures back out of SL - Save To Disk in SL will try to export to TGA.

For upload though, you can use non-Interlaced .PNG file format for textures with alpha, instead of TGA.

Freya Mokusei wrote:

Only downside is Elements lack of support of the
.TGA
 file format. This can make it difficult pulling textures back out of SL -
Save To Disk
 in SL will try to export to TGA.

You can select to save to disk as .PNG as well as .TGA from SL, so it shouldn't be an issue (unless it depends on the viewer - you can save as .PNG from Firestorm anyway. I never use .TGA)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.