How would do I create skins and textures in Mudbox?

VesperiaStarfall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone, I am a new skin creator at secondlife. I decided to start making skins in secondlife because I don't like a lot of the current styles of skins offered. Most look to young, pouty, and they don't have the level of realism I want. I tried texturing photoshop alone, with photos from 3dks but I dont really like the workflow, because I can't see the detail I would see if the model were in 3d. I tried Zbrush's Zapplink and Spotlight, but I'm not really sure if that method is the best because I keep destorting the texture try to match it with the UV. I heard good reviews about Mudbox, and how it's superior in texturing compared to Zbrush. I would like to hear your experiences with both programs and what is better for making textures for Secondlife. Thank you. 

I have only secondhand impressions to pass on.  Mudbox is too pricey for my amateur needs.  However, I know of at least one professional graphic designer -- regrettably no longer here among us in SL -- who swears by the combination of Mudbox and Maya for the ease of painting directly on a 3-D model.  All I can do is point you to his commentary >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Texturing/Skinning-and-Mudbox/td-p/347466

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.