How does one get the glittery edging on system clothing?

MysticDraggy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been making system clothing, mainly dresses.  I have textures that are 'glittery'.  What I am trying to figure out is how do people get that specialized edging on an outfit?  Like along the bodice line that is all jeweled looking?  I was debating going to look for appliques on the internet like you would use in real life sewing.  I'm using GIMP and if I use a 'brush' Ive only been able to get it to be a solid color. 

Pulled a picture from Marketplace (a Utopia dress) to visually show what I mean just as an example. The lacing that goes down the middle. I've seen that on edges that is sometimes lace, sometimes glittery, etc.

Thank you!

Khrista

UtopiaPic.jpg

MysticDraggy wrote:

I've been making system clothing, mainly dresses.  I have textures that are 'glittery'. 
What I am trying to figure out is how do people get that specialized edging on an outfit?  Like along the bodice line that is all jeweled looking?

Pixel by pixel editing on the template, frequent uploads with temporary textures to check progress, and a lot of patience.

Each of those beads might be only a few pixels, but each one has a highlight and a shadow.

I made a couple of lace bikinis and it was astounding how a few highlighted pixels it takes to make the lace stand out, and how much time to learn which pixels to change.

• Like 1

'Pixel by pixel' is a bit over the top for system clothing, as the resolution is reduced down to 512x512 anyway. Best way to optimise the clarity of clothing is to upload it at the 512x512 and apply a lot of sharpening, if you upload it and try to apply it at a larger resolution that 512x512,  Server Side Appearance will downsize it, possibly reducing quality.

Prim clothing is rather outdated now anyway, try texturing some mesh templates, they are much easier to place patterns and decor on, as well as the texture limit being 1024x1024 (more detail).

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

System clothing isn't as outdated as some might think. Each type has it's place. Mesh bodies/boob/ misc parts depend on the system layer templates for their appliers. Mesh doesn't exactly give your the flow of a ball gown that the flexi prims do either.

Yep.

And as far as elegance goes, Utopia does with system clothes and prims things that most mesh creators can only have wet dreams about.  Pixel by pixel.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.