How do I put myself out there?

Charessa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am not a new creator per se, but I have been working towards taking my creating a bit more seriously and thus want to put myself out there. I know there are a lot of bloggers, events, hunts, advert boards and all that jazz out there, but I am really having a hard time finding out where to even start with all of this and it is a bit daunting.

Does anyone who has been out there awhile have any input for me? Is there anything that is considered a waste of time or any warnings on what to avoid? All help is greatly apreciated.

• get mesh hands for showing rings, and in general try to fix avatar body distortions in vendor photos
  • join some promotion groups in-world and online and post your new releases there
  • connect with other creators and share experiences, ask questions and a bit of help
  • share your products with friends
  • its good to have some freebies but I don't understand the concept where all your products are freebies?

Have patience and work hard, day by day and you will see the growth :)

Dear Charessa,

Tamara has given you a good kick-off on behalfs on the basics. Personally, I think it is all about strategy. You need to take your marketing as serious as your content creation. You don't have to be a professional, but you can be self-aware about your campaigns. You should keep close eye on your statistics and desires of customers.

Most sensible to me seems holding the boat with vendors and in-game shops. They are often pricey and (often) at disappointing rates. It's great for branding and physical presence, but not a core requirement for your store. I would start off with a marketplace shop. You don't need anything for it other than your products. Have a logo drawn up or make one yourself, a banner and you're done. As long as you post your products with care, well written descriptions and use of keywords it will sell itself.

Once you've gained a daily rate of sales, you should consider putting out some vendors or a store. As long as you stick to one rule: It's extra, not make or break. When you invest your own money in opening a store in-world, it automatically puts you in a red number. Your money and will run out at some point. Make it self-proficient. Even if that means not having a fancy jewelry store in-game for a good while in the beginning. It took around 1,5 weeks for my store to get running. I played with priced. Started at 1L$ and threw it up to around 199L$ with the popular items at 299 and 399L$. I noticed I reached the top value I could ask for my products. Higher than that resulted in immediate downs on sales, aside the normal expected sales drop (less people buy expensive things; logical).

If you feel you don't have time to put extensive time in: creating pictures for the store and editing them, copywriting long descriptions and coming up with keywords, brand promotion etc. then it might be worth hiring a marketeer. Please be careful though. Don't let them take commissions without performing. Take someone you know is qualified and can show clear proof of the work they've done and the result is has lead to.

That should get you started, if you need any future advice do IM me. Feel free.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.